Diagnosis
10/2011
Country
US
State
VA
City
Richmond
I am assuming the rest of you are like me and we blame everything on this disease. For last three months my blood pressure has gone up, my pulse has been racing and I've been extremely short of breath. Last Saturday night I woke up at midnight certain that I had been bitten by a shark. Extreme pain in my right flank. Didn't go away so in the morning we called an ambulance. After several rounds of testing, they showed three blood clots one in each lung and one in my right leg. The key to the mystery was that I got shorter breath very suddenly. After couple days of heparin I'm now on a blood thinner and feeling lucky human being. But follow your instincts, don't assume it's always the ALS.

Good post. And you're lucky. Glad to hear you caught it in time.

Thank you Hollister. So sorry for what you are going through. Feel better fast

That sounds like a pulmonary embolism. You're lucky to still be with us.

Wow. Cheers!

I had trouble with a blood clot too. Sitting in a wheel chair all of the time is very helpful in causing clots. I've been on blood thinners since the clot a year ago and will always have to take them. Not sure why thinners are not prescribed once you are in the chair full time.......many seem to suffer the clots

Glad you are better Hollister

Glad you got it straightened out. a blood clot is nothing to laugh at

so glad you are feeling and breathing better

Hi I'm new to the forum.
Good point I had a DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) about 1 1/2 years ago. The only constant to ALS is that each case is individual. For my own treatment I've found that the DOs and Nurse Practitioners seem to be more helpful due to their holistic approach.

Welcome, Herc.

>Welcome, Herc.

Ditto that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back