1st anniversary since diagnosis, 4 years since onset, today 8/29/2014 :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxEidswick

Legendary member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Pinehurst
1st anniversary since diagnosis, 4 years since onset, still kick in'... Well, kinda kick in':)

Keep on kickin it

Isnt it crazy how looking back you just know when it all started but at the time it didnt seem like it was going to be life altering...

just make sure you are sitting down when kickin it Max, nothing wrong with a sitting kick!

thanks! back online, at least on the patio ...

Max: keep kick in' . I enjoy your posts so much. I'll be one year at 2:30 PT on October 8th with onset about 9months prior. Alex

>'ll be one year at 2:30 PT on October 8th with onset about 9months prior

I propose a cheap champagne celebration -- at least if we can still drink!

:)

I'm really curious about how long it has taken for diagnosis for most people after onset. Max, 3 years for you, 9 mos. for Schmithogan. My hubby was at least 2years with many different doctors, tests and he was finally diagnosed 2 years ago this week. Maybe because there are such a variety of symptoms, doctors don't consider ALS. Thought the frustration of not getting a diagnosis was bad! That was a picnic compared to knowing what it is!
Max, you are a wonder! Love that you are celebrating the anniversaries and the fact that you are still kicking! As long as Sandy and the dogs are safe! Keep celebrating living. Hugs on your special day! Donna

My symptoms preceded diagnosis by ~2years.

You hang in there Max! (You're old enough to remember the 'hang in there, baby' cat!)

Well if you are like me, I thought I would be dead by now, something to celebrate. ALS does not mean immediate death, I've had a happy year and I don't sweat the small stuff anymore.

Janie

My symptoms go back anywhere from 1-5 years prior to diagnosis depending on exactly which symptoms were really caused by ALS

Happy "anniversary" Max. Many more! Donna I had symptoms for 41 days minus a few hours before diagnosis. ( It just happened I was already scheduled for a research EMG)

Last edited:
My husband had breathing symptons for a year. If his fatigue and muscle twitching/cramping is also considered he had those symptoms for an additional 2.5 years before diagnosis for a total of 3.5 years. They always thought it was something electrolyte, in his chemistry, etc

My symptoms started in January 13 when I noticed I couldn't squeeze a tennis ball hard in my left hand. Who cares since all I did with it was throw the ball up for service. Fast forward to September. My doc in my annual exam noticed my speech was a bit thick and pointed out atrophy in the left hand. Two MRIs later, an EMG five weeks after and I'm toast. Alex

Congrats on your "anniversary" Max!
Grumpy had symptoms beginning in 12/13 (although we didn't know they were symptoms) and then a fall in 01/14 that damaged his c6-c7 vertebrae. Had surgery for that and the diagnosis came just after when that surgery didn't fix what they thought it would in July. He has progressed from a cane to a wheelchair since April.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back