Our eulogy: to Elaine, Sharon, Barney, Chris, and to those preparing to leave ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxEidswick

Legendary member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Pinehurst
So, we lost Elaine yesterday, Barney, this month, Sharon quite a while ago, Chris not very long ago ... and soon to be more.

Bringing released, leaving behind.

We are a unique family sharing something undefinable.

I will work up my eulogy for Elaine today. It will take time but I will get it done.

Max

Thank you for doing this Max. If your like me, trying to see to type through the tears makes it harder,
Love you Elaine

Oh please include Hayden!

There are so many....

Elaine,
You will be missed so much.

Tracy

>Oh please include Hayden!

Oh, Amy, I didn't mean to leave out Hayden or anyone else -- It was late, my typing was bad, and I was just trying to get the thought out ... sorry :-(

Elaine of course is already sorely missed as are all the others you mention Elaine's loss makes me ache for her ( and my) friends Cricket and Helen and Marta and... So many. And as she was a mod I grieve anew for Al and Richard who were the mods when I joined and for Allen ( trfogey) who chose not to mod but had a gift for the DIHALS section. And I never knew him in real time but I learned so much from another mod Joel....so many valiant souls who gave so much to those of us who follow knowledge and courage and kindness. Elaine was among the best and I think she must be busy today catching up with all our friends but I think she is sparing a moment to watch out for us as well...

I wonder how we can build a "Wall of Remembrance" ? ... perhaps a public blog with entries like:

Remembering Elaine, x/x/x-x/x/x, in loving memory
then Comment 1
Comment 2
Comment n

thoughts?

Nikki, could we make a forum username, say 'Remembering ...' and make the psw public to forum users or via pm.

The that ID could post remembrance blog entries where everyone could comment. Admin would be easy, the format exists ...

thoughts? Anyone?

I'm sorry Max I am not understanding. A subforum? Or a different forum? And not accessible to the general public? Or they can read but only approved people post?
Sorry I think I am slow today grieving as are we all

I think Max is saying:
create a forum USER ACCOUNT
make the PASSWORD known to us
create BLOG as that user

Allow any of us to log in with that account and post eulogy material to the blog

Did I follow Max?

So basically a new member identity and we would share the password privately among us then you could log in as new member id post, log out and then Max could do so etc etc?

yep that's my understanding of it Nikki. That way we can all post into the blog. The user would not post in forum threads, just in blogs.

yup, either way, although blogging only would be simpler ...

>Did I follow Max?

yup :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back