Diagnosis
09/2013
Country
US
State
TX
City
Acuff
I've searched all over the web and this site trying to get an answer to my question. How do you keep your butt cool sitting in a wheelchair all day. This has been a problem since I started with a scooter in November.

My new chair has a roho cushion. It's supposed to have a air insert, but it has a temporary foam insert until the air bladder comes. Di finally put a towel int the seat yesterday.

Help please,
Tracy

Danskin makes a moisture wicking short/underwear that is sold at walmart for about $6 that could be worn. Could you use a sport towel? They show them on TV that you make them damp and wring them out so they feel dry to the touch, and they cool to like 58 degrees?Mission EnduraCool Towel - Rogue Fitness

You'll like the air bladder much better.

Probably so.....I was trying to be creative. :)

not gpoing to touch this, might get banned :)

I don't know if you could use it...it may not be thick enough...but the chillow pillow they make for hot flashes is cool and comfortable under your head. Might work on your chair to and not expensive to try it. Ten to twenty dollars for the generic ones.

Very smart Max and Mark. My thoughts were along the line of ice cubes myself. I might try it today just for a cheap thrill.
Patrick

In our experience, towels being cotton (microfiber too slippery) only concentrates moist heat. The Roho cushion comes with or you can get aftermarket the special cover, that is definitely cooler. We have 2 so I can wash one as needed.

Standing up occasionally helps....get some help to try

They have the Chillow at Bed, bath and Beyond for around $10 and use a 20% discount...not bad...I bought it 10 years ago when they were $35-40...it would be a good thing to use

Tracey get them to hurry up on the air bladder it will help. my hubby has the Roho seat but a gel back on his chair. when I get him up his back is sweaty but his butt is cool.

Thanks for the ideas. Sorry not to weigh in along the way. Started back at work last Wednesday. Doing good. Tweaked my schedule a bit and really getting good rest and sleep. The air bladder should be here by the end of this week. Love my new chair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back