04/2014
Country
US
State
MA
City
Boston
Hi all
I understand the need to keep my cell with me all the time in case I fall and can't get up. I have been looking for a clip on holster but so far unsuccessful ( i have an iphone 4s and it is in a protective cover which seems to be the problem but now is not the time to remove the protection!)
Did anyone work out a diy solution? Would like hands free obviously, and I don't always have a pocket. A backpack or the purse I use while out seems like overkill somehow when I am just moving around the kitchen.
On a related note anyone have a lifeline button? If you do and you have a pro or con recommendation for company could you pm me the name?
Thanks all!

Google lanyards for iPhones. I carry my galaxy in the lanyard case that has elastic's on the back. I seen several for iPhone 4Ses. It's been the best solution I've come up with so far. Good luck
Hollister

Otter has cases with belt holsters

Thanks to both of you. Now I just need to see if I can remove current case!

I just carry mine in my pocket every-time I step outside.. Even just to grab the mail.. I don't worry about it too much in the house.. I'm at the point now that if I even get down on the floor there had better be something for me to pull myself up on :-( While in the house I could crawl to one of the 8 phones in the house (hopefully)

>I'm at the point now that if I even get down on the floor there had better be something for me to pull myself up on

-----
last time i fell it took me over 3 hours to crawl to my phone :-( -- so now i don't fall :)

I bought a cheap money belt and put mine in it whenever I'm out gardening

I did carry my cell phone in the lanyard. Of my last that fall was in the bathroom in this cell phone's swaying to the toilet got soaking wet and so now I have no forms of communication, my wheelchairs in the door the bathroom and my aid is not to arrive for three hours. My long arms reached up and backed up the chair. I crawled into the bedroom and found my medical alarm in the drawer. Paramedics were there within minutes. Sure glad I decided to get dressed that morning

medical alarm in the drawer ... mmmmmmm

how to carry medical alarm on me all the time should be the next question? ;)

>how to carry medical alarm on me all the time should be the next question?

the VA gave me one I'm supposed to wear around my neck, but I still have to set it up.

max are you progressing rapidly?

@Max, gee wouldn't that have saved you like 3.5 hours or so when Sandy was away ... :)

Make sure you put the phone where you can get at it if you fall and at a place where you don't fall on it...it really hurts.

>max are you progressing rapidly?

well Neil, that is my question of the year! onset around 9/2010, diagnosed 8/2013. I try to plan, but it's hard not to forecast ... let's see, left arm went in about 6 month, right started getting heavy about 3 months ago -- does that mean it will be useless in Oct/Nov? who the **** knows.

My weights holding and I'm cooking burgers on the egg tonight. so it goes. not forecasting any more today :)

sure wish I could rub my eyes or splash water on my face tho ...

-----
Max - Sunday, July 27, 2014 5:26:38 PM
-----
onset 9/2010, diagnosed with ALS by Stanley Appel 8/29/2013
It Is What It Is ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back