Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Tucson
Today is a good day. My sister, and brother-in-law were able to help me walk about 300 yards down to the ocean, enter the water and then snorkel for almost two hours. Much of the time for me was spent just floating on the water in total relaxation. No cramping and no fear of falling. It took the same kind of effort for them to help me exit the water safely. The warm salt water was soothing and felt so good. All of this was followed up with a cold beer!

I'm enjoying every minute of this trip with my family and appreciate all their many efforts to make it special. I didn't even want to come on this trip because I knew how much effort it would take for the others to help me out, but I'm sure glad we did.
-Kay

Cool Kay.....sounds like you had a blast, good for you! Where did you go to have all that fun?

Oh that is so wonderful! I am sure this trip and this day means as much to them as it does to you!
Have a fabulous rest of the vacation and safe travels home

We're in Maui, Mark. One of my favorite places on Earth. I wanted to get back here (at least) one more time.

We're in Maui, Mark. One of my favorite places on Earth. I wanted to get back here (at least) one more time.

Wholley Camolly....now I am jealous!

Attachments

• holey crap.jpg
    holey crap.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 130
>The warm salt water was soothing and felt so good. All of this was followed up with a cold beer!

way kewl!

It is way cool. My family and friends are trying to make this a special year for us all. Maybe I'll just fool them and stick around awhile longer!

>Maybe I'll just fool them and stick around awhile longer!

me, too! Our vacation plans:

San Diego (Sandy) july 4 days 4 Sandy
Kuaui august 9 days Hyatt
Europe, CH/D september st disability begins thru 10/15/14
Australia/NZ october lt disability begins thru 10/15/19
Ann Arbor/Columbus nov 29 game UM OSU in Columbus
Cruise $4,000 Christmas tbd

>Maybe I'll just fool them and stick around awhile longer!

Me too!

Vacation plans (hopefully :))

San Diego (Sandy) july 4 days 4 Sandy
Kauai august 9 days Hyatt
Europe, CH/D september st disability begins thru 10/15/14
Australia/NZ October lt disability begins thru 10/15/19
Ann Arbor/Columbus nov 29 game UM OSU in Columbus
Cruise Christmas tbd/Norway

Kay, glad you are having such a great time. Make everyday special!

Debbie

oh Kay it couldn't be grander! how wonderful!

my big outing is airplane ride from Orlando to Minneapolis this Sunday the 29th

I am so jealous Kay! Have a great time.

any new adventures to report Kay?

Here's an update from paradise! Swimming/snorkeling in the ocean today was even better than yesterday. I am more confident now and have figured out the best ways to maneuver the sandy beach. Also, it's better for me to not use the fins...too hard to get on my left foot anyway. We saw all kinds of fish, eel, and sea turtles. The best is actually just hanging out in the salt water, though. I don't feel as exhausted as trying to move around at home.
It's going to be really hard to leave this place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back