Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
US
State
NY
City
Orient
Diplopia is double vision. This hasn't been widely reported to be ALS related other than in a few studies. The ALS component seems to have something to do with the lateral and medial rectus muscles (left and right/toward the nose and away).

I bring this up to see if anyone has some thoughts on the matter, experiences, opinions, etc. I know my gaze to the right and left is limited and diplopia occurs. My neuro ophthalmologist thinks there is a relationship, my original neurologist doesn't think so and my ALS clinc is digging into it.

Like to hear from you all.

I recently developed a lesion on my right cornea.....went to the ophthalmologist and he said that it was from dry eyes. I told him I had a tendency to cry a lot due to my ALS and the bulbar involvement.
He also told me that in his experience with ALS patients, he had seen the muscles that move the eye involved (crossed eyes and even side to side movement of the eyes).
I do think my eyes maybe affected by MND.

I get dry eye as well. I'll bring it all up at my clinic team visit next week. I see a journal article in my future.

I have a constant very mild Diplopia that is all but corrected by glasses, but when I get very tired / fatigued, it gets worse. I have been diagnosed with MND and possible ALS. Going to mayo later this month to confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back