Diagnosis
09/2013
Country
US
State
ND
City
Fargo
I am wondering if any one other than me is having a problem re-filling a prescription for Riluzole?

Rick

That is frightening! What did the pharmacist say? Did you/ can you try another pharmacy?

I get it from Rite-Aid, they bring it in special for me. I guess they don't dispense much of it. I have to call a few days before I need it, to make sure they have some on hand. I learned the hard way that I need to stay on top of them to keep Rilusole on hand.

Rick, rite aid has been good to me as well. Anything the doc orders, they get even if they have to next day it in. When the doc has ordered antibiotics and they haven't had it they call all the other local pharms, even their competition and will tell me if someone else has it so I can get it sooner

It's not one of the more commonly-requested generic tabs. So I wouldn't assume any retail pharmacy would keep it in stock and therefore would allow for lead time in getting refills. Many plans will do 90-day fills at selected chains if you don't like mail order, so you can go through the process less often.

have never taken riluzole or the previous drug...still walk, talk, eat, breath on my own...couldn't figure out where the 2-4 months would come in...operate outside the box...realize many on this site don't believe in this but it works for me...been doing eastern medicine since day one...DXed 2/2010

What I found out is that the manufacturer of the Riluzole that my pharmacy was getting did not sign a letter stating that they would accept Part D of medicare. They chose to charge folks with ALS $2,000.00 per month for their product. The pharmacy did wonderful work and found another manufacture. I plan on finding out who this rip off company is.

Rick

Rite Aid bills my health ins 1168.00 per month for Rilusol..last time I checked.

My pharmacy did not carry it either. But after about 6 months they now keep it on hand for me - I no longer have to 'pre-order' it. Perhaps talk with them and assure them you'll be ordering it every month and won't be switching pharmacies.

sams club, one day wait, 200.00

I think what happened in my case is that one company who did manufacture the drug sold out to another company and they may not have signed the letter yet or thought that it carried over with the sale.

Rick

I had the same problem, Rick. Have been getting it from Rite Aid for well over a year. Suddenly they don't order it from the right place for Humana or Medicare (I got part D in January ), and they couldn't even tell me what's wrong. Took several days to figure out what was wrong. Grr!

Thanks coupon guy! Can't believe you can get it from SAMs club for 200! Walgreens charges my insurance 1600 for generic.

what do you mean by eastern medicine? ill try anything to get rid of this.

I just got mine from Walmart. I still have company ins BCBS. It didn't cost us anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back