Knee pain, like pinched nerve or something ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxEidswick

Legendary member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Pinehurst
I suddenly, 3-4 days ago, woke up to sharp pains in my left knee when straightening or bending, but not in the middle. My gut reaction is that this is not ALS related, but something else, simple and it will go away RSN.

Still I iam bugged enough to ask ... anyone have any similar issue(s)?

Thanks,

Max

you might have strained it--from weakening muscles or a changed gait. rest, Tylenol, and ice.

sincerely,

Doctor Barbie
5888710026_f95af13240_z.jpg

:) ... Thanks, doc! I expect it will be fine by the weekend.

I agree. My knee will have pain off and on. Our poor joints bear the strain of less muscles helping support us. My chiropractor will 'adjust' my knee back in place and I'll be good. If you know a good chiro, they're invaluable to help with joints.

>If you know a good chiro, they're invaluable to help with joints

Thanks, Mich -- I'll give that a try and report back. It seems to be getting better. time will tell ...

78 years young....believe some aches and pains can be old age, not ALS

>78 years young....believe some aches and pains can be old age, not ALS

and I thought 62 was pushing the edge :)

I am thinking Max that you might have strained it. I would try some otc pain medicine--Aleve or some thing like that. I use Aleve because I have some arthritis in my hip. It works great for that.

Rick

> I use Aleve because I have some arthritis in my hip. It works great for that.

Thanks, Rick -- I will give Aleve shot today as it seems worse.

I get twitches in my knee areas. They sometimes hurt. Plus I've started to have a little problem with it feeling like it's slipping out of place.

Question do our tendons also atrophy like our muscles do?

Barbie, how did you embed that photo?

>Question do our tendons also atrophy like our muscles do?

Morning, Tracy,

I believe the answer is no. We talked about this yesterday and conclusion was that the reason we need to have our caregivers help us to do range of motion exercises is because the muscles atrophy but the tendons to not.

Max

Max - I have a few prescription anti inflammatories when aleve just doesn't quite work. Naproxen (pill) and Voltaren gel. I put the gel directly on my knee (well, my cALS does :) before bed so I can get some relief on 'bad' days. Or during the day when I have social engagements that I want to participate in! Maybe you can get these at clinic when you go.

Thanks for the note. I have tried naproxen sodium I have never heard of the other. Seems to be getting worse all try something today and tonight.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back