Diagnosis
07/2013
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Lansing
Hi all- I just got approved for medicare and need to sign up for medigap and part D. Any suggestions would help out greatly! Thanks!:p

I think most would recommend part F it covers everything including the Medicare deducable and what ever Medicare will not pay. But it not cheap. I opted with part G it only had had a 147.00 deductible and covers everthing else.

Thanks for the reply Patrick123 I will take a look at those policies. Such an important decision.

we all are an interesting case....welcome the club of interesting people

Rather than separate Medigap/Part D, you could buy a Medicare Advantage plan that includes Part D (there are both PPO and HMO plans). The benefits can be richer, the out of pocket is limited, you deal w/ one private payor rather than Medicare directly. The Medicare site has tools to help you compare plans available in your zip code based on your drug list. Then when you get interested in one or more plans, go to their site and they should have a direct comparison for what they offer vs. traditional Medicare, including applicable copays and OOP limits. You can also see provider directories and the full Evidence of Coverage that lists out all benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back