Diagnosis
07/2013
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Lansing
Well, I finally have to face the fact that the Monster is making me require a feeding tube to keep hydrated and maintain my weight. I am tired of taking an hour to eat a meal or half an hour to get a smoothie down. Plus some of the supplements I am taking are terrible tasting and it has become tortuous to get them down. Praying that the PEG will make me stay strong longer. I sure wish I was having a tummy tuck instead!:) Thanks to one and all for their postings on PEGS. They have really helped me to prepare. Hugs

We wish you the best on your journey. Keep us updated.

Tracy

I'm sure you will find that after a couple of weeks you will be relieved.

You can enjoy to eat however much you want when you want, and the hydration is so important and so easy.

Thinking of you

Thank you tracy and tillir. I appreciate your kind words of support!

Hi there,

I want you to know that my dad got his peg about to years ago and it has truly made life easier and better!:) He no longer has to worry about staying hydrated and he's always fully fueled. I'll pray the same happens for you!

Aimee

Just want you to know the peg tube is the easiest thing I have to deal with on this journey. Wishing you the best!

Please let us know how things go.

Tracy

Thank you for all the encouraging words. Loved dr Carlene Jackson from UT San Antonio. She worked her magic to get me in for PEG today at 130. I am also going to start on ritulek per her suggestion. Thanks agsin. Support from those who truly know is heaven sent! More later!

Rest up! Glad you got through it quickly.

Great stuff Gerri! Rest up, take the pain meds if you need so you breath well and you will find it so easy quickly.

Hi,my PEG placement got delayed until 5pm Wednesday but the surgery went perfectly. The staff at Methodist Plaza endo unit were terrific. SO kind, attentive, and professional. Wednesday night was tough -lots of cramping and pain. Surgeon said that ALS patients have more pain with this than"normal"patients. Yesterday was much better and today even better. It was wonderful to put the meds, supplements and nutrition into the tube and not choke or cough once! Decided not to drink or eat until less painful as I didn't want to choke and cough, thank you for all your thoughts and prayers! You are the best!

Glad all went so well and that you are adapting to the tube so quickly!
Continued recovery and best wishes

I am glad it went well for you also. Now you can eat when you want to and enjoy the food you want to, knowing that your nutrition is taken care of . Good luck in your journey, don't forget to flush the tube with enough water so it doesn't clog!
Mary

That's great news Gerri, follow your instincts and at least something is upwards from here!

It truly is a relief for both the PALS and CALS to get everything needed in without issues. Now my PALS can choose what he wants by mouth and have as little or much as he likes (soup consistency pureed). That's a load off both our minds.

Sounds like you are recovering really well, my PALS had a fair bit of pain the whole first week, then it settled really quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back