Diagnosis
09/2013
Country
US
State
TX
City
Acuff
Went back to work on Monday, students came on Tuesday. Wonderful husband got the mobility scooter mom-in-law #1 sent working. We took it up on Sunday.

Helps so much with the tiredness from walking. Plus it is so nice to be fast again. I was a short, fast walker until this ugly disease kicked in. Now when the halls are empty I go zooming. Love it!

The parent of my students were informed about my ALS not long after I was diagnosed. Their support has been so wonderful. They sent me flowers on Tuesday. Included in the note was the info that they are starting a school wide penny drive with 40% for my medical expenses, and the rest to be donated to a place of my choice. I would like it to go to my ALS clinic's loaner closet to help buy items for PALS.

Wonderful. That's what I'm doing with our restaurant fund raiser tomorrow, i have been so much less exhausted once I sat.

Hi,
I’m a German English teacher. After I had been diagnosed with ALS I was given the same support by my students, parents and colleagues. I can still walk short distances, thanks god. Supported by our national health insurance system I won’t have to worry about medical expenses, all is paid.
Never give up hope!
Arda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back