Diagnosis
09/2013
Country
US
State
TX
City
Acuff
I went to my first appointment with my local pulmonologist. He is really nice and knowledgable about ALS. He worked at Mayo and had several ALS patients so that is wonderful.

They did several breathing tests, including the FVC. It was up to 76%, and improvement of 3%. So that was good news to get.

Below is a link to a video of a kind and wonderful lady who has lived for 14 years with ALS. She has a wonderful and blessed attitude about her life. Enjoy.

https://mymuscleteam.lotsahelpinghands.com/c/711650/

I am glad to hear your FVC has improved. That is the result of using the Trilogy. Great news!

I went clinic where they use a handheld meter. Two weeks later I went to see the pulmonologist. The differential between the clinic in the pulmonologist was 16 points of FVC. I think that is probably variables between the handheld meter and the sophisticated calibrated equipment pulmonology. Hoping that the fundraiser my friends are doing will raise enough money for the clinic to buy an accurate pulmonology meter. A couple points is normal variable but at least it's not going down!

My friend's mom is a respiratory therapist, and she said that a positive attitude makes a difference, and being wide awake does too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back