Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Yulee
Now I see why and how this site works. You do not want people to see my apologies to you.

I didn't need or covet an apology. But, truth be told your apology should gave been extended to Johnny, Edwards, Vicki, Mr. long, to name a few.

Kristopher - I am not hurt, nor insulted. Takes a lot more than this. That's why I've been married so long...! You gotta pick your battles. Since my diagnosis, I choose not to pick any.

I feel absolutely heart broken for everyone affected by this crappy disease and other similar diseases, be it ALS or not. Pain is pain. But - when ALS strikes young people, like you, it's the worse. I saddens me greatly. I feel sorry for the little children and dreams unfulfilled.

My son is 27 - completing his PhD (math - and yes we are proud) at the University of Michigan @ Ann Arbor. I will never meet my grandchildren. That is my only regret.

So fight on - but draw us together and accept we each are unique in demeanor, illness, and background. As a team, we could become a force to be reckoned with - and maybe save the young - like you.

Unfortunately, Elaine the only thing that will save me is a vent which I am getting in two weeks from now. The doctor I work with has many patient's at 20-30 years into the disease, and his averages are about 15-20 years. It is possible you will see your grandchildren, if you chose to vent, and maybe a breakthrough will occur. I am sorry but do not feel like an apology is warranted to other forum members as they were equally as rude to me.

Good luck with your decision. I mean that.

The people here are good people. You're probably a good person too. Yup, many of us are old enough to be your parents - but age does come with some life/love experience as well as memory loss and hot flashes. If I knew at 28 what I know now... Well ...bottom line is that two wrongs don't make a right.

It takes all parties to agree to disagree. Why not do that, move on and work together? We are stronger united than divided. This place supports one another. Usually.

Suggest, if you haven't done so , check out our beloved Sequoia. Besides praying for us, (she was a Carmelite sister) she worked tirelessly with her " Treat us now" group.

ta for sticking up for me otto.....i wouldnt want an apology and i wouldnt accept one....we won the day....three cheers for the als form..........johnny

Elaine, You are truly a beautiful person. I'm not on the forums much, but when I do come on, I am always awed by your kindness and tolerance to all who post.

I was thinking the exact same thing while reading this - you really are a beautiful person, Elaine. Your wisdom and grace always humbles me.

The world needs more people like you in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back