09/2013
Country
US
State
TX
City
Acuff
Happy you are Tracy!:grin::-D

We're all in this together, and we have much to learn from one another. We may not agree on everything - but hey! that's what makes our unique perspectives all the more desirable. Debating issues is a good thing and challenges all involved. I have learned a lot more here than just the practical elements of this illness. With the help of so many caring members (past & present) I have luckily been able to shed the anger and disappointments inherent to a terminal illness. I was taught how to morph my "death sentence" into a "life sentence". To forgive and seek forgiveness. To be happy of heart. Not everyday, mind you (I wish!) but generally. I know with absolute certainty that I would not be in this place in my life without this place. :grin:

Good luck on the 1st.

Welcome back Tracy. Elaine that was beautiful, and perfectly spoken.

Welcome back... Or to be contrary.... Dismissive front

glad you are back Tracy :)

Glad your back.

Glad to have you back!

Glad to have you back. I had some very stupid disagreement or misunderstanding with some of the members on here. He has been so refreshing to be able to forget about them and move on. This forum is for support and we need to give it to each other. In other words we need to agree to disagree as the saying goes.

That happens sometimes. I'm going to clinic on Nov 1 at Texas Neurology in Dallas. First time to go. My husband and parent-in-laws are going. Supportive family. Work is going well.

Thinking about starting to use a scooter to make traveling the long halls easier. Also to keep up with the kids. Any ideas.

I have a wonderful group of 2nd graders. They have been told I have a problem that is affecting the muscles of my body. Their advice - exercise at least every day. I thank th Lord for them every day.

Brevity should be your watch word.

Good luck on your appointment Tracy. Glad work is going well.

Good luck at the clinic. Have your entourage take notes - you'll do well just absorbing information. My first visit was emotional and overwhelming. But the clinic team is absolutely A-1!

A scooter is great for me. I have a 4 wheel GOGO Elite Traveller Plus and it's wonderful! My pit crew ( sisters) can disassemble it in less than a minute, and it fits in the trunk - so very easy. The heaviest component (there are 4) is the battery weighing in @ 35lbs.

On the first visit to my clinic, seemed like every team member mentioned energy conservation. This was, for me, an abstract and foreign concept and which was difficult to grasp. It has taken me over a year to finally "get it". I must wonder, had I immediately heeded their advice, if my progression would be different. I guess I'll never know.

GOGO check out the GOGO. :D You wont be sorry.

before my husband needed a PWC he has a scooter and it was very helpful. he used it in the house as well as out and about. Elaine, we called the kids the pit crew also! they would tear it down and set it up and knew their job with it. we don't go out very often any more as a family--but they a re still the "pit crew" locking the wheelchair and him into the van.

the scooter will save your energy--and prevent falls. that was a big fear with my husband's walking and balance.

they are not too expensive--we bought one on line for just a few hundred and sold it after he could not use it anymore. also very acceptable in public--so many people use them they do not have a stigma attached to them like a PWC.

Tracey--glad you are back. we are here for you

On scooter just make sure you buy it. I believe insurance will only pay for one thing save it for a power chair because those are REALLY expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back