Diagnosis
09/2013
Country
US
State
TX
City
Acuff
I'm leaving the forum because of people recently bein blocked by the new moderators. Aloha

That's too bad Tracy.

I know of not one person being blocked, except for the overnight scammer threads originating from south east Asia. Maybe David, the forum owner has banned someone, but I don't think so.

As far as I know, people are only banned after repeated warnings - mostly scammers and repeated trouble makers, so I doubt decent people and posters on the Forums were banned.

Maybe she means some of the threads and posts getting deleted. I don't know of anyone being blocked or banned that is a regular.

I can clarify what Tracy is talking about. I was contacted by one of the new moderators in private email this past Thurs. threatening my membership here. Stating they are wanting to keep this a "safe" place. I had no idea that I was such a threat to this forum until I received this email.

SO! This is also my last post here.

Don't know what your talking about texastracy.

I think the new moderators have been well picked.........
Elaine,such a sweet caring lady.
Beky and nikki are very knowledgable on mnd.

This is a public forum and with the dangers of using the internet these days it's important for moderators to do whatever they need to to keep it's members safe.

Txgirl,i know you have no malice in you but you can come over a little abrupt....there is another member the same but I know its not intentional ..just your personalities maybe and being straight to the point.
Hope your not offended,just wanted to explain what could be the problem........and please don't leave.

Before submitting a post its good for us all to remember to read it over a few times...make sure theres no misunderstandings .
I have had problems over the past year with a few unsavoury people....a few now banned.
Sometimes its a clash of personalities,we don't understand a person or they post/say things without thinking........rarely theres the odd bully.

Please remember we are all different.

I'm sorry that you're leaving, Tracey. You have made some important contributions to the forum. I wish you all the best on this tough road that we travel.

Linda

not easy getting the moderating right....too strict and the forum becomes all nicey nicey and becomes bland and boring.....the odd troll can get the forum buzzing......its when the odd forum member gets taken in and fooled which is dodgy.....johnny

Lots and lots of Pals and Cals have been waiting a very long time for mo ds to be appointed to this for um so the rules of engagement can be evenly applied by actual participants once again. Lets hope many can now come back? Congratulations to the new appointees! I haven't read much of late so maybe the newbies could introduce themselves? Maybe it's been done and I haven't seen it? Back in the day it was all open and above board as to who was who, even said who they were after their pro file names so new comers would know too. Sorry to read that some have been put off by emails received. Maybe give them and the for um a second chance? I am sure it's a steep learning curve and will take some time to get the playing field level once again.

You know sometimes just using text only is half the problem. If you could see and hear me say some things I write here my exact meaning may seem a little different to the 'text only' version.

So at times people can 'sound' different to how they mean to on a for um.

I like to take everything with a grain of salt :)

At last and thank goodness......the explainer has some of the same problems.

Both should be locked in a basement with an insurance salesman

I agree with Tillie, sometimes things can easily be misconstrued or misinterpreted. I think it's important that we all try to be friendly and if something is taken the wrong way perhaps we can all try not to add fuel to the fire.

Also, if someone doesn't like someone, it's pretty easy to add them to your ignore list and skip their posts.

We're all here for the same reasons at the end of the day - let's try to be helpful and positive.

Regards, David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back