Diagnosis
09/2013
Country
US
State
TX
City
Acuff
Well the final diagnosis has been made. It is ALS. I am doing ok. We knew it was the highly likely diagnosis. Thanks to all who have replied to earlier posts. I hav enjoyed visiting with you and will continue to do soo

Oh Tracy,

I'm so sorry. When you described your symptoms on a recent thread - I thought - oh my - they're exactly like mine. And I mean exactly! I still held out hope they'd find something else for you.

Even if we "know" - it's still hard hearing the diagnosis out loud. It was for me.

If there's anything I can do to help in anyway, let me know. As you know, were a bunch of very nice people here!

I am sorry that your fears were confirmed. I had fingers and toes crossed that there would have been a different out come. We are here for you.

Well the final diagnosis has been made. It is ALS. I am doing ok. We knew it was the highly likely diagnosis. Thanks to all who have replied to earlier posts. I hav enjoyed visiting with you and will continue to do soo

Hi, Tracy -- i am sorry to hear you have been diagnosed. I am not yet a month into this new 'life' and am still coming to grips with this reality ... I wish I could give you more comfort, but if you ever come down here to Houston, we can be grateful for what we have :).

Max

Hi Tracy, like everyone else I'm so sorry that the diagnosis came to this.

We are definitely all in this together and will do all we can to support you as you find yourself also supporting others here. Really thinking of you <3

Sorry Tracy that you must join this most unlucky 'club'.

So sorry your diagnosis has been confirmed, it will take time to find your new "normal". You are still Tracy so carry on doing what you always have and ask anything on this forum as all the PALS & CALS are so helpful and caring, I myself don't post very often but have found the support here invaluable, Anne

Tracy we are all in this together. I think we're all here to help each other, answer any questions, share any tricks or tips, and generally take care of each other. I know after two-year diagnostic process, I was somewhat relieved to at least know who the devil was. My response to diagnosis was to run away for a couple weeks and then come back and get to work on the new normal. I think it's natural to mourn, but I'm always amazed at the resiliency of everyone on this site. Tomorrow is a new day, with the new normal, but a new day, nonetheless. Best of luck to you.
Hollister

I'm so sorry for your news, Tracy. We do hope to see you around here, though, where there are lots of folks who really understand and care.

May grace and peace be granted to you in abundance.

Thank you all so much. Today I got a rollater and a handicap parking placard. I'm using the rollater mostly at work, but also for trips to the mall or the fair. The placard will mainly get used if there is a long walk from where we can park.

I will enjoy coming to this forum over the next few years. You are all great people.

Tracy

Stacy, sorry to hear your news but take the time now to do some of the things you want to do but have put them off for one reason or another.

So sorry about your diagnosis, Stacy. This Forum is such a great source for understanding, caring, support and of course knowledge. Yasmin.

So sorry to hear. In some ways it's better to finally know.

Hang in there.

Please remember my name is Tracy, not Stacy. People get it mixed up frequently.

But that's okay. One of my students a few years ago had other names for me when he got really angry. Those started with b an wh. He ended up leaving a school for a more controlled place. Sad to see a 7 year old needing that intencpse amount of help.

Tracy

Tracy ... Stacy.... tex ...texastracy a warm welcome to this club. So sorry that you have this illness. Its quite a ride. Not fun but a wild ride never the less. Sorry I'm real bad with names. It's sad when one joins us even sadder each time one leaves.

The other Tex called ALS an epidemic. I'm believing she is right. Seems quite a few recent additions are from TX. Very sad. It would be great if David would add a forum mapping page like the Patients like me site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back