Diagnosis
06/2013
Country
US
State
Oregon
City
Medford
Before I lost the use of my left thumb, I noticed a bit of achiness there, then one day, it no longer worked. One of my fingers on the right hand has recently become achy and barely usable.

My left arm aches terribly bad, so heavy to move, harder and harder to use. Is this a sign that it's next?!

Anyone experience anything similar?

My hand issues started with left pinky and gradually spread from there. That was some 3 years ago and 16 months before diagnosis. Up until recently, my hand was still useful to hold things down, such as toast whilst buttering. That's over. I can no longer move the fingers or make a fist. For me, aches do not seem to determine what's next to go. For example my legs have ached a lot, for over a year, and still function reasonably well. Ditto for right hand.

Lifting my achy left arm is near impossible. I gotta tell you, for a bony atrophied arm- it's super heavy! Sometimes, I wear a sling for some shoulder relief. or I use a small travel pillow to prop it up.I started range of motion exercises this week.

Now - you'd think the ALS would migrate to my other hand right? ( that was the plan in my head) - it has slightly, but I fear it's taking a shortcut via my face! Throat/voice/tongue issues becoming more obvious.

Everyone is different!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back