Diagnosis
07/2011
Country
UK
State
Greater Manchester
City
Manchester
Hi, I was wondering how many young people there are on here? I'm 23. It would be interesting to see. I was diagnosed in 2011 and I am very highly progressed. All 4 limbs are useless. For laptop access I use the Smartnav + Dwell Clicker System.

I'm new to these forums. So hi :)

Hi Allan, and welcome, but I'm so sorry that you are ill. At 62 I don't think many folks would regard me as young person :-D, but I wanted to welcome you anyway. There are other young folks here though, and I'm sure you'll form many fond friendships.

I wish you much grace and peace.

Hi Allan, welcome. Perhaps not so many are as young as you but lots of young hearts here. Wishing you all the best

Young in mind is good. It's all about the mental age anyway. :p

Hi Allan,

I'm also young bro, just 25! not diagnosed yet... in the limbo towards DX...

How you coping man.... I think is a scary ride, and well i think mayority of PALS hate being a "burden" to their families...

Jon

Hi John. I'm coping ok I suppose. It is what it is. My attitude will never change my condition so I say screw it! What symptoms do you have if you don't mind me asking?

Well Allan, i was thinking these days about that... What can anyone do.. It Is what it Is...

In regards to my symptoms i just put a post called my tricky case... Check it out.. I think Is similar to some fellas symptoms .. Twitches, calf problems, hand problems

Way too young, Allan. Love your attitude!

Welcome to the "club" no one would like to join but...at the same time glad you found us.
You will find lots of information, help and advice by lovely and caring people here on these Forums.

Take care.

Carlos

Allan, You are my son's age. I am so very sorry you are having to deal with this horrible disease. You are way too young. Giving you a great big (((HUG))) from across the pond.

If you are on facebook...look for a group called..Young faces of ALS

Hey I was 21 when my girlfriend now wife noticed I had a slight limp .... I'm now 28. It took me over 4 years to get diagnosed. That was hardest time not knowing and filled with what ifs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back