Diagnosis
01/2013
Country
US
State
VA
City
NOVA
So I was driving into work this morning and the local radio show I listen to (Sport Junkies) here in DC was talking about the radio stunt by the DJ's in Atlanta mocking Steve Gleason.

They took calls on the subject, so I had to pull over and call in. Not very often this topic comes up. So I got on the air, to give my perspective as someone with ALS, got about 5-10 minutes of air time and hosts were asking questions about the disease (how many people, what symptoms, cures, etc.) and I got to promote the need for awareness and such.

Hope that every little bit helps!

Well done murray!
As wrong as that radio stunt was (kinda like Seth MacFarlane)...it did shake up things and now people are hearing about ALS...

So those idiots got fired! I certainly hope they know that karma will get you. Really glad you had a chance to balance it out and do some education!

CNN and Dr. Sanja Gupta will be doing a 3 part story on ALS starting the 26th. and if know body new this, june 19th was lou gehrig's birthday

You go Murray ! Get the word out !
Next week there is a 3 part series on ALS on CNN Monday -Wednesday at 1 pm. Interviews with a PALs.

Thanks again, ltbeauti, for the heads up.
I will surely be watching this next week.
We do need a lot of awareness about this disease. If common folks could remotely imagine
what ALS does to PALS' bodies, I'm positive they would be helping us spread the word.

Carlos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back