Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
US
State
california
City
westminster
Hello, I was hoping to take an island vacation of July,The ALS has affected my gait right legislatively,left-hand is weak,does anyone ehave any 're commendations? I like to kayak Annabelle.my kids are10 ,10,15
I

If you are physically able to kayak, do it ! ! In other words, do whatever you can do, and do it now. Unfortunately, it becomes more difficult to build those important family memories as our disease progresses.

Definitely, do whatever you like to do while you still...CAN.

This disease is unpredictable and you don't know how fast or how slow it's going to progress.
The thing is, as the time goes by, you keep losing functions and then, you'd regret not having done things you wanted to while you still could.

So, if you wanna do Kayak now, go and enjoy yourself.

NH

Definitely, do whatever you like to do while you still...CAN.

NH

NH is correct.....do what you can while you still can. Do be careful though it is easy to get in over your head in a hurry. The month of my diagnosis I went with my wife on a cruise to Grand Turk. We had always enjoyed snorkeling & decided that we would snorkel over the Wall while I was still able to. When it came time to return to the boat I discovered that my legs had given up & I was unable to climb the ladder back out of the water. The tour operators had to haul me into the boat like a great white shark. I'll admit that I was scared there floating in 10,000 foot deep water & being unable to get back into the boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back