What a sucker punch...didn't see this coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uptown

Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
02/2009
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Plano
I thought things were going well and now the wife says I need to move out of the house I lived in before we were married because she can afford it easier than my disability payments would allow me to. WTF? I knew she disengaged when the docs said incurable and progressive 4 or 5 years ago but didn't think she would do this. Now what do I do? I have earned quite a bit more than her even though I have not worked for quite a few years between the cancer and now this. She has done nothing for me for quite some time and I have been taking care of her 77 year old mother going on the 8th month now as well as everything at home except the laundry although I do mine. My heart is racing and my head pounding just thinking of it. :confused:

Call an attorney. Pronto!

I should think she cannot evict you, unless it's her house and you've been beating her up in your spare time!

Man I hate to do that but afraid if I don't I will get the boot. Who would throw someone out who has a terminal disease? Would any court do something like that. I need to cancel my Power of Attorney and Medical Durable Power of Attorney tomorrow first thing. SMH!

Oh...and I have never struck a woman and never would.

Whose name is the house in? Yours? Hers? Both?

Call that attorney--and call the ALS people while you're at it! What an evil woman.

If the house is in BOTH your names she can't kick you out. If it's in HER name alone--things can get sticky--depending on your state.

My ex couldn't sell our house until I agreed to sign the quit-claim deed. Look into your rights.

Get rid of the witch! There should be a special place in hell for people that could do that.

As for the POA and Medical Directive information--do you have children or siblings or parents that you can give control to?

As long as you are still in sound mind (no diagnosed of FTD) you can do what you want with your medical an POA-hopefully you've taken care of it already.

I had it put on both of our names in 2003 when I as diagnosed with cancer. She moved her 77 yr old mother in here in August for cancer treatment and told me to leave if I didn't like it so I have been caring for her 12-14 hrs a day except when I was hospitalized in September and mil was hospitalized a week in Oct and 5 wks in Dec. when they said I would not get better and it was progressive she stopped all physical contact and if I even touched her rolling over she would smack me and yell at me. I slept in the couch for a couple years even though we bought a hospital like queen size tempurpedic. I have never been allowed to even raise the head or feet while she is asleep.

She says I have been sick since 2003 and she is tired of it and doesn't like me anymore. I can understand the struggles of seeing someone withering away but I didn't ask for this either. Since then I have pulled in $400k or so only working 4 yrs and over the entire span of 12 yrs I have made more than her.

I told her the stress of taking care of her mother was too much for me and she said to leave so I have been taking care of her. She refuses to drink and eat and the chemo has hospitalized her almost every round now and she lies about drinking water and I just had enough and said I couldn't do it anymore and watch her suffering. She just says it is what it is and that's her mother's problem. She does work 7 days a week and I do everything else. She spends more than she makes at her weekend job which used to be two week nights it not since mom has been here. I think she should have to pay me and move out. Just can't afford an attorney...but neither can she.

Work to do tomorrow. Sigh. I have a son 22 and 24 but their mother let my life insurance lapse that she was to carry per the decree. I guess I don't pick so well. My ex would probably take care of me...with strings always attached. Lol. As if I need this crap.

I certainly hope this cowardly woman knows that karma is a *****! So sorry you're having to go through all this. Wish I was closer so I could help. It certainly makes me grateful for what I have.
Hollister

A lady I know of just revoked her husband's POA and changed her Life Insurance were he doesn't get nothing but their home. So like everyone is saying go see a lawyer and take care of business NOW

My post went to moderator but I feel for someone who has to see someone they love just withering away and feeling helpless. I got my dog. Went to get some cash from the stash and it is gone. I gave her a $100 bill every week for a year and a half. Yesterday I told her I couldn't continue watching her mother get sick from dehydration and her mother and stuff is gone today. That's one way to solve a problem but maybe helping her get into a semi-skilled nursing center for a few weeks left of chemo(2 rounds) would have worked. SMH. Lawyer says stay cool, don't worry. She will have to leave, pay me 20% of gross and I could rent a room and have a spare for a caregiver. Why do we lose weight so darn fast when stressed? 2 lbs overnight although only 3 hrs sleep. <sigh>

Oh geez...sorry ro hear this. I really hope everything works out and that you get the support you need. You've got enough on your plate as it is. Good luck

Gosh I am so sorry you are going through this on top of it all. I remember from previous posts that your wife was not very nice, but boy that really puts the cherry on top. I hope you follow through with the lawyer and she ends up on the short end of a very very pointy stick.

I hope she realizes what goes around comes around. Someday her number will come up and it won't be good. In the mean while I am sending you big warm hugs. Please be careful.

I want to be angry but I think of Job and how his faith was tested and tested yet he endured. I think of the song, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!" I won't waste a second in worry but as an old saying goes, pray hard but pass the ammunition. Safeguarding assets would be prudent but getting my bp up and freaking only takes some breaths off on the back end of this journey. Nobody shall control my emotions. Life is too short. I second that emotion...and raise you some sympathy. We all deal with things in our own way. Then we some times ostrich out. Either way, it is all good. All good indeed!

He arose a victor from the dark domain
...and he lived forever with the saints to rein,

He arose, he arose...hallelujah Christ arose!

Uptown,as everyone have said get a lawyer onto it,change power of attorny,kick her skinny /fat butt.
Do it ASAP,my friend delb also from texas(seagoville)left it too late with his wife....when he went in for peg she would not let him back home,left him to die in a nursing home a few months later. He had bulbar als and his 4th memorial was on the 27th last month.
I tried to help him the best i could,it still hurts what that evil peice of scum did to him.
I know first hand with my dealings with texas alsa (renee ? her name)that they were not much use with del's situation.
LAWYER ASAP.

Modification of all legal documents will be completed and witnessed tomorrow with both sons sharing responsibility for everything. Laying out everything for the lawyer as far as asset distribution. Trying to encourage my youngest, 22, to move in with me asap. Looking for a caregiver for the other room. Have to have everything in order...

good for you get er done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back