Diagnosis
09/2012
Country
US
State
co
City
thornton
7 months into ALS now. things seem to to be progressing way to fast for me. and i really hate it. i'm now using a pwc and taking meds for the cramping but my jaw always seems to ache. and i'm starting to stammer and slurr my speech but not all the time. yesterday i had a visit with my local hospice center that was eye opener. i have good support group in my family but i dont think they are fully preparred for whats coming. i dont know what i would do if it wern't for my significant other. he is very patient with me. but i see the pain in his eyes when something new comes up and it breaks my heart that i am putting him through all this. but together we will fight and stay strong in our mind and soul. thanks for letting me get this off my chest the people on this site are totally awsome

patrick

Its okay to vent, sometimes it is better to do it here than at our loved ones. It also helps to vent here so our loved one don't see how scared and tired we really are.

we will listen and offer comfort, we understand. I have vented and had pity parties a time or two. THose here will rally to you aid.

Chin up, hang in there, keep a positive attitude. I am sending peace and love your way. Hugs.

pat...if anyone is entitled to vent its you....so give it what for....anytime you want....johnny

Patrick that pain in your partner's eye is just love, and there is nothing you can do to stop it. it is not your fault this is all so hard and I am sure he would not want to be anywhere else but with you. As a caregiver, I know when something changes for my husband, I feel sick from fear I am sure he sees it.

Tell him thank you for his love, give him a kiss, and stay strong!

I understand! I vented last week. I believe it was Vicki who stated it was better to vent here and she is right. I'm so sorry things are moving so fast. Have you thought of the experiment drugs? Stay positive Patrick, we are all here for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back