Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
MA
City
Boston
I was wondering what things beyond the necessities of care you find give you the most pleasure/comfort?

I mean besides the basics of bathing dressing hygiene feeding range of motion and so on?
I know my pals loves having legs moisturized I am trying to think of other things that would give a high ratio of pals pleasure to cals effort ( I would love to do everything but time and energy are not unlimited wish they were!
Thank you all

Massage

Anticipating my needs and doing things the way. I've told you to do them the first time. There is a reason for doing them my way

Tell me what you're going to do before you do it.

Yes.. What Deb said. Plus, if you're going to help me up... Please, please don't pull me up by the arms!
And, at the risk if being risky... Help me tweeze those wayward chin hairs!

A REALLY big one for me as I had limb onset....

cater to my food requests.
ALS demands a lot of calories.
I don't know how long I'll be able to eat. i really enjoy eating. Keeping weight up is good for PALS
(My CALS is awesome and an excellent cook!)

Respect wishes and feelings. Don't assume what you think is better and right for PALS. We all want and need dignity and respect. Go on outings - rent wheelchair accessible vans, etc. Live, laugh and love.

Find something that makes me laugh, please don't tell me I look good because it makes me feel that maybe you think I'm not sick. It's only the motor neurons but it's still pretty serious, ask me how I'm doing today. Just spend time with me, talking about the past, telling you what you are doing today, tell me what you're looking forward to. And thank you so much for asking rather than thinking you know what's best. That's the sign of a great heart.
Hollister

Well, Maybe a vacuum cleaner might help......

@sunewun LOL!

Oh.... I thought the Bad Balance post indicated he wanted to talk about sex.!

just tryin to be helpful, joe...ha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back