Diagnosis
09/2012
Country
US
State
co
City
thornton
i have recently started experiencing some aching in my jaw. and i have occasional stuttering issues. i dont think i'm slurring my as far as speach is concerned. has anyone else had thes type of issues with their progression?

I've been having some occasional muscle cramping of various muscles that connect to my head and face. Quite painful but so far temporary. A big yawn can bring on a jaw cramp sometimes.

I've had uncontrollable yawning off and on. I think it's associated with my PBA (emotional lability) because when I get emotional, I yawn, and that often ends it. Lately, my left jaw has become irritated, and it's excruciating when I yawn. If I feel sorry for myself for having to endure such pain, it makes me yawn. If I feel happy that the yawning is starting to taper off, it makes me yawn.

This has only been going on for a few weeks, and in the past I've had jaw pain (although not this bad) and it's gone away. I'm hoping that the pain will subside. Otherwise I'm going to look into getting Botox injections to paralyze the muscles that open my mouth, since the ALS stubbornly refuses to go there. :)

Hi,i get alot of jaw pain and aching....like deb i get painful spasms,last year i had a jaw spasm that broke a lower molar at that time i had spasms for some months........even though i feel i have tmj pain my dentist did xrays and said tmj was ok so its reffered pain from jaw/muscles.
my gp thinks botox injections could help when they get that bad again......but botox can have its own complications.
I too stutter or my words come out wrong but not sure if its slurring,this happens on a daily basis now but only a few times.

Gee Whiz, the power of suggesion is overwhelming. My jaw now aches ! !

My husband seems to have quite intense pain in his jaw. It mostly happens in the middle of the night. I can see his neck get stiff and he clenches his teeth and has the saddest look of pain on his face. The FTD keeps him from being able to tell me exactly what's going on, though. I usually give him a small dose of morphine and massage his face until he relaxes and goes back to sleep.

His lips also seem to either tingle or go numb. I see him pawing at them sometimes. Has anyone had that, or can shed some light for me?

Jaw pain can sometimes be managed with Botox injections although I don't do that because of the risk of swallowing problems as a possible side effect. I can barely swallow and don't want to spend 90 days with a bigger swallowing problem. Scalene muscles in the neck can make it much worse and painful. A good PT or massage therapist that understands scalenes can tell you in 10 seconds or less. They get entangled and trap nerves that causes referred pain in many areas. I have mine worked on very other week now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back