Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CT
City
lyme
My breathing has gotten difficult at night so now I have a cpap with oxygen. I get winded easily but I seem to be ok during the day.

I'm getting over a cold and couldn't use the cpap because of congestion. I thought I was a goner but my breathing suddenly got easier during the worst nights! As I am getting better, my breathing has gone back to needing the cpap and oxygen.

Has anyone else had their breathing deteriorate like this?

Why do you have C Pap, and not BiPap? Also, oxygen will trick the body that it us getting enough air, and can cause a buildup of C02. What is your FVC?

I was wondering the same as Sadiemae. If you're having trouble breathing, chances are you're also having difficulty expelling C02. Hence the need for a BIPap rather than CPap. Glad the cold is leaving you! Yasmin.

My doc had a fit when I was prescribed a c-pap verses a bipap and insisted on a bipap. (And I'm not even diagnosed with ALS yet) She wasn't happy with the O2 either, for that matter--though I can barely breathe without it.

I have good days and bad days. On bad days my o2 sats drop drastically. But I'm a complicated case as I have both lung disfunction AND muscle disfuncution, so the O2 helps me.

WHo the heck gave you a cpap instead? It isn't sufficient for a PAL or for one with any muscle involvement!

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if you're having issues with headaches and feeling off during the day--I was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back