Diagnosis
11/2010
Country
OS
State
Darkside of Moon
City
country
I have a couple questions about airline travel with PWC. Anyone have any info for me? Like layovers, do the bring your chair back to you then sto it again? Anything I should know. Next obsticle is getting from airport to destination any suggestions?Thanks :)

Hi Di,
You have choices... They can bring your chair to you or they will transport you in a manual wheelchair from gate to gate, help you collect your luggage and help you to your transportation. Call your airline and let them know you need assistance. If you are flying into Sacramento, I'm pretty sure you can rent a wheelchair van that will drop the car at the airport door for you. I'll check and pm you... Rog and I fly quite often and staff is really cooperative.

Jen

Di, as long as there is no snow, you have ME to transport you from the airport to your new home. Even if you have to fly to Sacramento, I will come get you, unless there is snow. If you fly in to Reno and there is snow, you will just stay with us till the roads clear

Thank you both sooo very much. Sadiemae Sac is so far away from you, and the snow thing could be a problem, you never know with it, I will let you know, you are so sweet and ever so kind. Thanks Panguinjen for checking on that for me. I am not sure if it will be Sac or Reno yet, depends on alot of things but will let you know.
Do you know if I have to take apart batteries (Gel) or just disconnect wires at arm area?

Di, send Rose a PM, she knows all things aibout airlines, as she worked for them. Sac is only a 3 hr drive at most.
I have another person in Sac that may be able to help

Thank you, I worry about you leaving hubby so long Sadiemae. I will pm Rose and see if she can help on airline travel
info. ((((Hugs)))

Di,
The TSA website will tell you what needs to be disconnected. It's actually pretty thorough with its info...

Jen

Thanks Jen! Happy Turkey Day!

Di I have a 20 yr old son, and a 18 yr old daughter who live at home, and they are very good at taking care of their Dad. Actually, 2 wheelchairs will fit in the Van, so Les would probably go with us!

Thank you Sadiemae. I talked with my son and he can get a motorcycle trailer from my sis husband that can work. I probably will fly into Sacramento as I can fly for free on my miles and it gets in at 11:00pm. Spend my money on extra luggage as I am bringing what I can. But I definately will let you know if it doesnt work out. I am hoping to sell my RV and saw a handicap van in Sac I could buy, that would be ideal as my 18 yr old granddaughter will be with me and could drive it to new home.
But I definately want to see and meet you both in any case. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! (((BIG HUGS)))

Love to meet you! We'll plan something!

Jen

Di, I,k an here, and wilk do ANTTHING , to help you.

Di,

Did you know that it is sometimes cheaper to ship extra bags by UPs or FedEX- than paying the airline fees? My in laws do that twice a year for their Florida winters.

That's true, Di! I ship Rog's food to the hotel instead of lugging it on the plane...
Elaine, good thinking!

Jen

Di, send a message to John1. He has extensive travel knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back