Diagnosis
04/2012
Country
US
State
TN
City
Nashville
Off to Gatlinburg, TN to try a few days vacation. I can still transfer but that's about it. Arms OK and hands iffy. I have a PWC and got a used wheelchair van for travel.

So, out and about in cool weather. The wife will keep me wrapped up well when we go through the shops in Gatlinburg. It should be fun.

Enjoy what you can while you can!

Have fun Syekick! I lived in Nashville for 2 years and not once made it to Gatlinburg. Enjoy the sights and shopping!

Yeah for you. It's beautiful there- have a safe trip and HAVE fun!

Have a great time, Joe! Terry and I went to Knoxville several times after his diagnosis. He called it "God's Country"! Should be beautiful this time of year.

Have fùn and enjoy life. I traveled fòur yrears with this monster. Less now. I tiirè and to Nap with bipáp. .

Have a great time...take lots of pictures!

Jen

Have fun! The colors must be beautiful this time of year.

I wish motels had hoyer lifts. Be on the lookout for snow

Have a great trip!

That is awesome, hope you have a blast!

We had a great time. Had a room with a roll in shower too. Those are hard to find. Ate at some great restaurants. "Walked" all around the Tanger shopping outlet area, it is huge. And "walked" up and down the streets of Gatlingburg. I was bundled up and warm. I was able to get into almost any store i wanted to. Had to be very, very careful in some of them due to tight aisles or stuff in the way. Didn't break a thing though! I had my bipap in the car and used a car jumper battery thingie to run it. The charger that has a battery where you can jump start your car. It has a cigarette lighter outlet. I ran the bipap for over 18 hours on that thing in it was only down a third of the charge. That made for a comfortable and easy breathing long drive. We enjoyed a drive from Pigeon Forge, to Townsend, though the smokey national park, to Galinburg and back to Pigeon Forge. Beautiful scenery. The creek in the SNP, was awesome as always. I can be seen so much easier after the foliage is gone.

Anyway it was wonderful. We will probably go to the Gulf Coast, Orange Beach, AL in early Dec. Depends somewhat on me and somewhat on grandkids and family.

Hugs to all!

Sounds fantastic!

It's a beautiful part of the world. Nice to hear you could shop without breaking anything... but hope you found some
bargain priced must haves too.

I'm so glad it worked out so well! If you head down to the coast, check into renting a beach wheelchair. When I would take Terry to Destin, we would always get one. They are great!

Have a great trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back