Diagnosis
11/2008
Country
US
State
Kansas
City
Emerald
Well folks, I made it. Today 1 year ago I died. I guess the Good Lord wasn't finished with me yet and brought me back. So I thought it was fitting to post my 1000th post today.

I do hope you weren't waiting for something spectacular, because you will be extremely disappointed. I just wanted to let you know that times change and so do people. This means I have moved on and probably will not be back. My tablet died a few weeks ago and I am down to just my phone. It has become extremely hard to use and that is my main reason for not being here.

To my old friends. I posted a while back after my bestest friend Allen passed away. It was entitled, "To All the Men in My Life". I added a very dear friend and fellow Marylander to that list. Ann was my Auntie Em. I would now like to finish with telling you who Glinda the good witch is. She is none other than Linda; A Voice for Linda. The woman is remarkable. Never an unkind word is ever spoken. As for the Wicked Witch, she will remain nameless, but if you feel you qualify......

Now onto the forum. I have read a few posts, that have disturbed me. Stop harping on the past. Move on. Those that deserve to be here have left because of others comments. This makes me very sad. As Al always said, "Play nice kiddies or get out of the sandbox!"

I have tried to convince them to come back. They are my friends and I speak to them many times a day. But hurt is deep and they have moved on. Your loss and to the others that they helped and would help in the future.

Which brings me full circle back to my bestest friend. I have read many posts saying how he "told" others he was ready. I need to set the record straight. He was not ready. Had no intentions of leaving and I wish this would stop. I talk to Robin many times a week and we have conversed about this. If you knew so much about him, people wouldn't have been shocked by his untimely death. So end the stories NOW!

Please forgive me for the negativity of this post. I didn't intend for it to end this way.

As for me, the neck is going. Today I can no longer lift my head. I won't make it through the winter and I am at peace. I would love for you to continue my Whine and Cheese, The Birthdays, Diane's Weather but especially Al's Sandbox. I love you all and will see you on the other side.

Would love to say, "See you in the funny papers" but the obits is where I will be.

Please remember, move on! No more negative comments about our family! Do this for me.

I love you Toto

Love you Toto!

Well written Toto.

Have you had a chance to try the eyegaze system?
Don't know about down there, but we can rent them fairly resonably here.

It'd be a shame to miss out on your contributions.

I've always valued your opinion, so for that, Thank You.

Hope to see you around.

Cheers,
Casey

Kimberly I will miss you very much. See you on the other side.

Laurel

Thanks y'all. I love you too.

Casey, money is the problem here. I stayed home to raise my kids so don't qualify for social security or medicare. My husband makes too much for me to qualify for ssi or medicaid, yet we are in the poverty range. He has stopped all monies to me and I have to beg for transportation money or to go to the doctors. My last prescriptions were paidfor by my sweet son in law. A person shouldn't have to beg. Pt asked for shoes in Augus. He told me no money but yet on Tuesday he was wearing a new pair of shoes. 2 pair he purchased for himself this past month. I have given up. I am broken. The kids have been the only thing keeping me going, but that isn't enough now. I will check in for the next couple of days. If you are on fb send me a pm. It is much easier to keep in touch there.
Much love to you Casey.

dont want to lose you

T, I posted at Al's sandbox to you. You will forever in my prayers

yes i see it you will always be in my heart

toto i think stu can help you find a way for income and meds

Hugs to you, sweetheart. Can you check with the loaner closets on eyegaze systems? I'm sure there is a way to get you something you can use--regardless of finances or the hubby that isn't being so great.

I hate to see you not be ABLE to be here if you WANT to be here. I can understand people moving on for various reasons--but lack of a way to be here--well, we have to fix that!

Toto, your wise counsel will be missed if you leave. Divorce your husband. Then you will qualify for medicare. you dont have to leave him unless you want to. I guess that sounds crazy but I have heard of people that have done that in order to survive. Of course that may depend on the state you live in. I wish things were not this way for you. sunewun

Toto, I love you...

Toto

1000 posts of support, spirit, education, common and uncommon sense, laughter, tears and love ... ahhhh the love. We need 1000 more posts. While I understand and respect your decision to move on, if I had my druthers, I sure would love it, if you stayed. Our gentle and loving warrior. Our beacon. Our island of sanity in this insane ALS ocean. This, despite or in spite of your additional tribulations.

Thank you doesn't cut it Toto- but thank you.

The door is ajar for you, on the forum and in my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back