Status
Not open for further replies.

porkchop

Last January I started to get a weird feeling in my nose and then about 3 days later started to get muslces twitched in my leg. It quickly progressed to having twitched all over my body.

I noticed that it doesn't occur when I am doing anything like walking or running etc. But if I lay in bed and stretch that group of muslces will start to twitch after I relax them.

After I sneeze I will get twitched in my upper back area and sometimes in the face.

It's been 11 months and I haven't had any of the other symptoms associated with ALS.

Last May I went to the Dr. and was given a CBC as well as an EKG and Urine analysis and everything came back fine. I haven't been back to the Dr. as it's just the twiches that are annoying.

My question in how long after one feels twitches that the rapid progression of ALS appears?

Should I rule out ALS, or should I take another avenue to try to figure out what these painless twitches are coming from?

Thanks all.

Hi Porkchop. Interesting name I will say. In my case I noticed the twitches in my calf. It spread to the left leg within 6 months. By then I was noticing muscle wasting. Had to move watch band up 2 notches. Losing weight but not inches from belt. Do your twitches look like a bag of worms under your skin and can you feel the movement? It is almost 2 years since I first noticed the fasciculations. They are all over my body except my face. It doesn't really sound like ALS to me but a neurologist should be consulted to rule out stress related illnesses or any of the other motor neuron diseases. Good Luck.

Thanks for the response Al

I can see the muscles twitching under the skin, but the reference to the bag of worms I would have to say no. The twitches only last for a few seconds then it hits a different place on my body. Some days are better then others.

I haven't noticed any lbs lost and everything seems to be normal in that case.

Thank you very much for your reply, I appreciate it.
I hope you stay well, stay strong.

P.S. The name Pork Chop is my little Jack Russell dog. Love of my life.

fasciculation

Hi pork cHop,

i am witH al, my fasciculation felt like an alien living under my skin but do go see a neurologist.

al. tHe fasciculation goes away. boy tHis capital letter tHing gets me.

Yes i have heard the facs. go away but when they do it usually signifies total muscle loss. i'll keep my bag of worms as long as possible thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back