05/2012
Country
CA
State
NS
City
Glace Bay
Hello All:
Has this every happened to anyone else, at the end of the day yesterday eyes became VERY heavy (like I had them open without blinking for hours) I also felt fatigued. It's a vicious circle as I was in bed by 8:30 but woke up at 4:30 and couldn't get back to sleep - so naturally I got up.
Anyhow, more interested in the eyes being sore, strained and tired, feel better (so far) today. I should also mention that I work as a Sys Admin so staring at a computer screen for hours during the day.
Thanks for any responses,
Your PAL,
Darryl

I'd bet on the job for the eye strain. Drops may be in order. No new meds that would affect vision?

Fatigue has been a constant companion for me. If I do too much on one day, I pay for it for the next one or two days. Naps with Bipap occur on most days now.

Thanks for the response Deb, I've heard the same said from many PALS. Fatigue is imminent and too much one day can lead to very little for the next couple days. I've also heard about the benefits of the bipap. Thanks for sharing.
Darryl

When I was still working, I used to come so tired. I woud pass out on the sofa.
Now, I don't do hardly anything and I a still tired, but grateful most days to still do what I can.

My dad was extremely fatigued too which comes with this horrible disease. But, the bi-pap he uses just at night has done wonders to help with that. He used to wake up several times during the night. Now he sleeps all the way through the night and has more energy during the day. My dad has a tendency to be claustrophobic too but he tolerates the bi-pap mask just fine.

Eye strain is the likely culprit, but...

A call to the doc is warranted when there is sudden overwhelming tiredness with eye pain.

Always gotta remember, there is more that can happen to those with ALS that isn't ALS related at all.

Some people, for instance, experience migraine as eye pain. Others have it as a precursor to a stroke, or when their BP is very high.

Of course, it could be harmless, too, but with ALS already on your plate, I wouldn't take any chances. Eye pain is different than eye fatigue like from reading too small a print for too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back