09/2012
Country
US
State
co
City
thornton
hi all,
my name is patrick i'm 53 yrs old and i'm from colo. not sure how i feel as yet, but i know i'm frightened as heck. its my hope that by joining this forum i can gain some knowledge and just maybe some insight into myself. right now my left arm and left leg is the only part of me thats affected. and i'm using a crutch for support, but i get around pretty good. and i have a good support group around me and that helps. enough for now but its a good start i hope.

Sorry you've had to join us, but great you have a support group! i wish you luck on your journey. Do what you can NOW. Create lots of fun and memories.

Welcome Patrick. You'll learn a lot from these people. Everyone of them has a unique perspective and a lot to offer. Take what you need. Leave the rest. My husbands started in his left leg. He uses a walker now.ask your questions. Share your tips. Laugh...cry..complain...whatever you need. Someone will join you.

Welcome to the forum Patrick. I am glad to see you have support around you. There are many wonderful people here to help you become less scared and can give you lots of help while working through things that come up.
Laurel

Welcome Patrick,

I'm sorry that you have to be here, but, there is a wealth of experience and information here to share, and hopefully make it easier for you.

You'll find your way, the fear is normal as we can be intimidated by the unknown and unplanned for. Give yourself a while and you will amaze yourself at how normal life will be again. Different, but still your life to live.

Patrick, welcome to the club none of us ever dreamed we 'd be in. Let us know if you have any questions...

Hi Patrick. Sorry about your diagnosis. Don't forget to live life, to laugh and to love. Having a great support group around you is so important as you go through this adventure (that's what my husband called it) with ALS. Yasmin

Sorry you had to find this place Patrick. But there are many kind, caring, knowledgeable posters here who understand what you're going through and will support you. You are not alone.

Hi Patrick, sorry you have to be here. I am fairly new to this forum myself, just diagnosed in Jan this year, but I have found and meet some amazing people here. They all have such courage and wisdom. I don't have all that yet, but I am learning from these people how to make the most of everyday. You will find that the smallest things you took for granted
Will now ne more important than ever before. Glad you have a good support group. Ask any questions, and maybe not me but the people so well knowledges on here will have answers for pu. God Bless

Hello Colorado from Canada -

I'm fairly new here too, ( D X April/12) and have received unbelievable support from some incredibly smart, patient and generous people here. I've learned so much and this knowledge adequately prepared me for my first (intimidating) clinic visit. Happy you have great support - as I am also blessed in that regard. In my family, our collective journey is referred to as "a lifestyle change". Please come by regularly for a laugh, a tip, a prayer, reliable information and support.

Welcome aboard Patrick, you're not alone on this journey
You'll find a wealth of information in our archives and someone always ready to listen or answer a question.
We even have a few from your "neck of the woods"

Hope we can be of some help and comfort along the way. I'm new here, too but have been living w/ als for 2 1/2 yrs. Hope to talk soon. Take care . -brad

Hey Brad, Waving to you from the other side of Maryland. 8)

Glad you have a good support group Patrick. Enjoy your time with your friends and family. One thing I would like to add here is make sure your primary care givers get fit and strong. Its especially important for them to have good core strength. You want to make sure they don't hurt their back when you will need their help to stand up, turn in you in bed, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back