Diagnosis
07/2011
Country
NZ
State
NZ
City
NZ
I came across this amazing PDF document by neurologists for neurologists online - im sure i saved the link to a folder and still trying to find it - my point is that there is a very specific group of muscles to test -way of going about it when outruling or diagnosing ALS - the documents outlines it - the First 2 EMG tests i had didnt test the muscle groups that were outlined in this document... and i figure i could have been diagnosed much much earlier if the protocol oulined in this doc was followed -has anyojne seen a similar doc - i will kep looking and if i find it i will post the link back up here.
:p Peace love and Joy to all :)

I would love to see that doc. I have been diagnosed at Barrow Neurological Institute and scheduled for EMG next week to track progression.

I have been searching online trying to find the document and have come across several now just with searching PDF Protocol for EMG testing ALS.

You need to scroll down and read what the neurologist has to say regarding EMG testing, this is the pdf doc the neurologist on the above link points to:

http://www.alsrg.org/documents/awaji.pdf

But its not the one i found - the above article is very detailed.

I will keep searching for it - as i REALLY wish i had the knowledge before my first EMG. I would have asked more questions 'hindsight' :)

i have replied with some links just waiting for it to be checked by a moderator:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back