Diagnosis
04/2012
Country
US
State
TN
City
Nashville
The First Baptist Church of Greenbrier, TN is constructing an ADA ramp on my home. The decking is complete and I was able to take the power wheelchair outside. That's my first time to be out and about in the yard and neighborhood in three months. Freedom. Their work is first rate and the construction is rock solid. They included a small deck to the side of the front door big enough for the PWC and another person. I spent the morning on the platform halfway down the ramp this morning having my morning coffee. The front of the house faces west so no bright direct sunlight. It was wonderful. If you would like to see the images I've made the photo album, First Baptist Church ADA Ramp build viewable by the public on my facebook account. Search for Joe Daniel in facebook if you are interested.

I'm having a great time!

So glad you are out and about once again. Fresh air is a wonderful thing.

That is awesome Joe. Now you can wheel over to the nearest kilt store!

I couldn't find you on facebook - so unable to take in the pics.

Very and truly happy for you. Enjoy the sun and wind on your face!(and bare knees too)

Awesome. Now you can wheel over to the kilt store!

I couldn't find you on FB - Dang, can't admire the pics you posted.

Truly and sincerely happy for you. Enjoy the sun and wind on your face! (and knees)

That is great! I just got a ramp from RAMPS. (ramp access made possible by students) they raised money and spent time putting get her a metal ramp from AMRAMPS.
What a great feeling to go and get the mail and be able to work in the yard. I still have pretty good hand/arm strength.

So happy for you. Great pic's ! I bet you were overjoyed. 3 months is a long time being stuck inside.

So Happy for you Joe!...Outside is where I am most of the time, love the wind and sun in my face! And was wonderful of that Church to help you out!

I'm so happy for you! My husband liked to hang out on the porch first thing every morning. I'm so glad you have the chance to do that, too.

What a great group to do this project for you! I love being outside on our deck for my morning coffee and it's great to be able to "drive" through the neighborhood.

Best to use some weights on the hem of that kilt!:wink::wink::wink:;)

Best to use some weights on the hem of that kilt!:wink::wink::wink:;)[/QUOTE]

Deb - that would take the fun out it! NO weights on the kilt!:shock:

Wonderful....enjoy the out doors.

yes, sometimes finding people on FB is impossible. A bad search engine they have. I'll think of reposting elsewhere for you guys. They finished the job this morning

Great news, very happy for you!

Enjoy your new found freedom and the feeling of the warm sun and fresh air. So happy for you Joe!

That's wonderful, enjoy the freedom!

Waiting for my ADA ramp to get built, I have a temporary ramp, but can use it only for the scooter, too scared to use the pwc on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back