Diagnosis
12/2010
Country
US
State
GA
City
Atlanta
Please don't take this as an opportunity to sound knowledgeable and mature by telling me that each individual is different....thanks.

No; what I am interested in are your personal habits.
I don't think I am sleeping enough, but as my wife points out, the listed side affects for all of the drugs that I take are: "drowsiness"

My husband is tired all the time. He does not sleep well. Not even with meds

I sleep 10 hours a night and take a nap every afternoon for 1.5 hours. The fatigue with this disease is astounding. Give yourself permission to accept whatever. Jamiem

I sleep about 8-9 hours each night and take a 2 hour nap in the afternoon. I have a hard time sleeping without muscle relaxers and can't stay asleep any length of time without the BiPAP.

Even before I knew I had ALS I was having trouble sleeping. I knew something was really wrong with me (just didn't know what) during the year before. So I don't know if it was my mind keeping me awake or my body or both. Now for sure it is both my mind and my body. If I don't take a knock out pill I sleep very little at night. I don't nap during the day but I still can't sleep.

My husband sleeps up to 18 hrs a day. His wake-up time is between 7pm and 1 am, then up for a couple of hours in the morning

Thanks folks....I need to get on a better schedule, I think.

I sleep all night and sometimes I take a nap during the day. What I can't do is sleep in bed, as a rule I don't hurt any were but you put me in bed within an hour I have to be moved because I start hurting my legs and my body when I get back in my chair I am okay. When I sit in my chair I am sitting on my cushion from my wheelchair. I have never had any sores on my butt.

Timely thread - we were just discussing my pervasive and increasing bad sleeps. I wake up often - and in the morning I do not feel rested. In late afternoons, I often have a 1 - 2 hour nap. Even if I skip the nap and go to bed feeling exhausted - I'll be wide awake within an hour and repeatedly throughout the night. Decided to discuss with my GP; we hope she will prescribe something that will ensure a sound sleep. In my case, the worst the sleep, the harder it is to do my normal activities and the harder it is to emotionally deal with this new reality. (I am mobile and recently diagnosed).
Elaine

sometimes the sleepiness as well as not sleeping well, is due to low o2. if you havent had your levels checked you might want to do that. not to be an alarmist but low o2 can sneak up on people who are not aware of the sym p toms.

I sleep about 10 hours per night. I take 1/3 of a Xanax right before bed.

Good thought on the O2.

They will check this at my next clinic visit.

I have time to time trouble getting to sleep....but I take clonazepam and it does the job most of the time.....I do wake up to go pee but I have a bedside tolet now...so I don't fall going to the bathroom.....Our darn dog likes to go where ever I go and he is my biggest problem trying to go to the bathroom...darn dog...lol

But when I was on medicade last year they wouldn't pay for sleeping aides for very long...so that is when I was put on this clonazepam....

I also have panic attacks.....I think it is over my breathing not well.....but since on this I hardly have them so far....keep my fingers cross or almost cross...lets say.

God Bless you all...thank you for letting me chat....
hugs

I sleep like a baby 8-9 hours at night and by day 1-2 hours!

My husband sleeps alot - during the day he sleeps for a couple of hours then is awake for a while, maybe an hour or two then dozes back off. Hoisting tires him out so that usually knocks him out for a while. During the night he watches films and dozes on and off. His best wide awake time is 6pm till 9/10ish.

The humid weather we are having makes him very tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back