Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
Pennsylvania
City
Harrisburg
JustMe again - update on house remodeling.

After a lot of thought and "discussion" with my wife I have given up the idea of putting in stair lifts to let me get up & down in the town house here. Instead it seems to make more sense to move my bed, computer, books and everything else I need (including me) down to a to-be-remodeled 1st floor. There is already a bathroom down there - requires handicap mods but can be made to work. Puts me on the same level as the garage (ramp needed) so I can get in & out of the house to go to ?

So, although I can still walk around the house, the day is obviously coming when I am going to need that wheelchair. Considering that my shoulders & upper arms were the first things to go, it will have to be powered.

Now there are a LOT of people out there selling all kinds of machines, some really pricey and some rather reasonable. What I would be interested in is what type (make / model) of chairs are in use on this foirum. What are your likes - what are your dislokes. Which ones should be dumped over a cliff and which ones would you buy again?

Anybody want to praise or vent I am interested.

Thanks,
Roy

Hi Roy. I am in the process of getting fitted for a power chair myself. I get to try 2 models on the 27th of the month. A mid wheel TDX5 and an Arrow Storm short base. Here is a site devoted mostly to wheel chairs you might find interesting. AL.
http://www.wheelchairjunkie.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back