Diagnosis
01/2007
Country
US
State
Virginia
City
Near DC
Yesterday, I slept most of the day, instead of my usual 1 hour nap after lunch. This morning, paid CALS moved me from lying down to sitting up and the room started spinning. I managed to say (mumble) "passing out" and she laid me back down...

Three tries, same result.

So sorry you're having a rough couple of days. Can your CALS check your BP? Are you using Bipap?

Hi Lobster. I can't remember whether or not you use a BiPAP. If not, it's probably time you start. If you already use one, maybe the settings need to be adjusted. You might not be expelling enough C02. Take care. Yasmin.

Lobster-
It most likely was a low blood pressure thing from laying down for an extended period of time.
Does your CALS sit you up slowly, or is it a quick motion? Slower is better, to allow the BP to raise to a normal level.
I would suggest having your CALS sit you up slowly, and then make sure they are there to support you in case you get dizzy. Sit for awhile before getting fully up and out of bed.
Also, if you slept all day- it could be from lack of nutrition or fluids. I often get dizzy if I dont eat for an extended period of time.
Try these things and if its still happening I'd put a call in to the doc. Of course Im not aware of any meds you may be on, so your doc can help with that.
Best of luck

I to get dizzy often to lobster. You would be amazed what drinking alot of water could do to help this situation. try it for at least 3 days and see if it helps. Feel better soon lobster my friend.

Can't hurt to try the BP check, as suggested. Sitting up in small degrees as suggested. Hydration. Hopefully, it will pass!

Also if you have has a few falls where u have hit your head you could have benign positional vértigo. G. Gl it.

Lobster,
I was wondering if you're feeling any better?

If you take tizanadine, it lowers BP. I have to get up very carefully when I take it.

I have been having a lot of dizziness since I fell and I agree with sadiemae that it may be benign postural vertigo for myself. The difference between low blood pressure or Co2 dizziness and what I am experiencing now is huge. The dizziness I have had since falling is like being on a tilt o whirl..... The room literally spins. Not just the rush and flush of blood pressure. I am not sure which type of dizziness that lobster is talking about but hopefully it will be something easily fixed

Hospice nurse came by yesterday afternoon and again this morning. She is leaning toward a diagnoses of low BP ("normal" for me is ~90/60) + ortho... something or other. Something about needing muscles to have normal BP. She suggested slow transitions.

On a happier note: Saturday, I had lobster dripping with butter. And filet mignon. If I choke to death, it won't be on something from McD's dollar menu.

Last edited:
Glad your hospice nurse has her eye on your blood pressure. Hopefully slow transitions will erase the problem. Keep enjoying the lobster and filet!

Benign Positional Vertigo treatment

Try the epley maneuver for treat ment of Benign positional Vertigo

The term is orthostatic hypotention. Just means your BP drops when you get up. Glad your nurse is keeping an eye on you.
Lobster and filet sounds divine. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back