Diagnosis
01/2012
Country
US
State
Pa
City
Philadelphia
Has anyone had problems with the medication Rilutek affecting their bowels. Tried on empty stomach, with food and taking Fibercon, but bowels are loose & slimy. Anyone have this probolems

Moved this up here for more exposure.

AL.

Dean has been on Rilutek for almost a year without any problems except for occasional constipation.

I have not had any issues with the medication. This subject has been discussed a lot, you may be able to find some useful info by utilizing the search feature.

My late husband kevin took Rilutek for six years and NEVER had any problems. perhaps your body's getting use to it? Did you also start feeding tube or change diet?

Also, I see you live in Philly.... please consider coming to the FREE Hope Loves Company Kid's Day for ALS families at Waterloo GArdens in Exton, Pa. It's my way of giving back to all of those who gave to my husband and I while we battled ALS.

You can register at [email protected]

Hope to see you there!

Jodi

Thanks for all the info, however, not matter what I did, food, no food, my bowel problem just got worse, so my doctor took me off of it. I finally have the bowels back to normal. I also was losing alot of weight & since I stopped I have been maintaining my weight.

Glad that you're feeling better. Some just don't tolerate the medication.

Chris, it doesn't do that much good anyway, don't be down about not being able to take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back