Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
SK
State
Slovakia
City
Bratislava
I think it's polite to introduce before I start posting. This is my first post to this forum however I'm already regular visitor, primary caregiver for my 41y old husband diagnosed 08/2011. Two teenage sons help us to have fun in these terrible months but it's so hard, you know. We are living in small Eastern European country Slovakia with no ALS center so we are often learning thru trial-fail approach, experiments and mistakes and this forum is so helpful in this undesirable times for me.

Welcome to the family nobody wants to belong to. Or as I think of it as "Hotel California". Ask questions. Even if you think it is ignisificant. We all have different bumps and turns in the road but there is someone out there that will have the answer.

Sorry we had to meet here,

Last edited:
Welcome LNKa! There is lots of information here that will help you in your journey. Ask any questions and we'll try to help.

LNKa, welcome to the forum... lots of good info here, if you have a question, just ask, you'll get lots of answers.

Welcome and I am so sorry you must join us. We will help when we can!
Holly

Welcome aboard! sosorry for your husband's DX.

I am so sorry about your husbands diagnosis. Welcome to the forum family, I say family because thats what many of us have become a close knit family there for eacch other to always support each other. And to Love one another on this new journey we are now all on. {{Hugs to You & Husband}}

Welcome to the forum. It has many great answers to all kinds of ?s Good luck.

LNKa, vitajte! We are all here to help each other through this journey. If you have any questions, please never hesitate to ask. Hopefully, we can make the road a little smoother for you and your family.

Welcome. Sorry we had to meet here

Hi. welcome.
I too have just turned 41, but unlike you, I am lucky to have some support from a ALS centre.
That being said, I have found these forums to be a life saver.
Please ask any questions of me, and others. Between us all, we seem to get by.

My experience is only people here really understand what we are all going through.

Stay strong, and know you will never be alone.

Cheers,
Casey

Welcome LNKa!

I was thinking about you the other day Casey...hope all is going well!

Judy

Thank you for your warm welcome. I wish we would have met in a discussion about our stereotype boring lifes. Who needs these challenges?
I still remember, one PALS has introduced himeself like the new passenger in a bus and Al (moderator) answered "maybe I'm the driver". In this comparision, I feel like a mechanic who has never repaired even a car and now needs to take care about a bus.

Actually, we are trying to avoid 2nd pneumonia. During the first one three months ago my husband did have to fight with his lung capacity of 1,3 litres only, being supported by oxygen for two weeks. One week ago, he started to caugh again so we are trying another class of antibiotics and some mucolyticum.

My husband spends daytime by postprocessing photographies mostly so maybe one time he lets me to link his FB albums. He just uploaded beatiful spring flowers blooming these days in our small garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back