Diagnosis
11/2005
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Toronto
There is a new Eddie Murphy movie coming out entitled "A Thousand Words".

Here is a synopsis:

Eddie Murphy is Jack McCall, a fast-talking literary agent, who can close any deal, any time, any way. He has set his sights on New Age guru Dr. Sinja (Cliff Curtis) for his own selfish purposes. But Dr. Sinja is on to him, and Jack's life comes unglued after a magical Bodhi tree mysteriously appears in his backyard. With every word Jack speaks, a leaf falls from the tree and he realizes that when the last leaf falls, both he and the tree are toast. Words have never failed Jack McCall, but now he's got to stop talking and conjure up some outrageous ways to communicate or he's a goner.

"Conjure up some outrageous ways to communicate"? Yeah, well welcome to the life of a PALS - and even then were still goners.

I find this premise very offensive - not just for PALS but for all those people who have difficulty communicating using conventional means.

I hope the producers of this movie lose their shirts.

I never thought of it that way, Richard. Good point.
Lets hope the movie goes nowhere. Eddie Murphy is a crap actor so theres a chance...

Agreed, the premise sucks.

There's been crappy movies before this one, and many more will come after.

You gotta give Eddie a little break, after all he was Donkey in Shrek!

(Richard, can you look at my account, I have no user features? thanks)

He was good in Shrek, because his character was supposed to be super annoying, just like he is.
I dont think he is a good actor at all, as his annoyingness seeps into all of his roles. The only thing i really enjoyed him in was Coming to America.

Reviews are out this morning and it is being universally panned. It actually wrapped in 2009, but was so bad it was shelved for 3 years. Insensitive to say the least!

See miracjees happen everyday. Some people just miss them. Tjanks ffor the heaads up,, richard

Toto

Now, liz coming to americca was a good on I agree. Love how naive he was to the greeting. I don't use that word but i loved it in that movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back