Diagnosis
11/2011
Country
US
State
AR
City
Wickes
Good morning.....wondering if anyone is taking coconut oil for ALS?

Judy

Yes Judith I am. I never have liked coconut and it takes some getting used to but I have it in my coffee every morning. My husband puts about 1 teaspoon in my coffee and I have had chocolate chip cookies made with coconut oil and also have had some food fried in it. My husband read in a book a few months ago that it would have positive effects on ALS in Alzheimer's.

Vickey

I've been thinking about taking it, but haven't actually started... I guess you can replace your vegetable oil with coconut oil for frying and everything. And the better quality coconut oil is not supposed to taste like coconut at all, but I guess you have to be careful about what kind of process it goes through?

I plan to start taking coconut oil tomorrow Helen and Vickey...I'll keep you guys updated on this. Thanks for the reply.

Judy

Do Pina Colada's count?

CGAR....Ha Ha Ha! It's worth a try!

Judy

They most certainly would! Just what is the "recommended" dose? Ah, never mind, I'll wing it.

What about just coconut? I can load up on almond joys and german chocolate pie!

Kel, that's what I was just thinking... almond joys, here I come!

I love the taste and smell of coconut, just can't stand the texture. So. Oil it is.

I am.
My friends dad has dementia. 3 months ago they started him on on 7 teaspoons of coconut oil. It was amazing. He was able to hold a conversation. He walked with a steady gait. She is a skeptical RN but she was speechless when she saw his transformation. He's on no other meds.
For us I'm not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
I started my PALS on Virgin Organic Coconut Oil last week. It does taste like coconuts but he likes that taste. We use it instead of Butter on toast, I cook with it, Make popcorn with it, put it in Oatmeal cereal, and generally try to use it whenever I can. We are trying to hit 2-3 TBSP a day. 15 oz is about $8. I get mine on Amazon. We are keeping our fingers crossed. ALSUntangled is now evaluating it, and there should be some kind of report in a couple of months.

Many recipes can be found for it on the Nutiva website.

Wonder if it would work in a coconut cream pie/ otherwise I'm with Casey on the Pina Colados.
How much coconut oil is in a Mounds or Almond Joy?

My birthday is Saturday, wife making my favorite cake, German Chocolate. I will tell her extra coconut. I had not heard anything about this. I like the piña colata idea, maybe even Malibu rum, nice coconut flavor.

I disolve it in my husbands coffee...and down the feeding tube it goes! Not sure if it helps...but it does not hurt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back