Diagnosis
12/2010
Country
US
State
GA
City
Atlanta
As for many of you, the first explorations into my diagnosis focused on my cervical area.

For the past several weeks, this same are has a pinched nerve that is imacting my neck muscles and down all the way down into my hand which goes to sleep.

I am going to try deep muscle massage next week....hope that this helps. Anyone else have similar problems?

- Jerry

I have heard at my support group that we should avoid deep muscle masage b/c it tears the muscles and then won't heal. You might check this out first.

Yes my quiet friend. If it were me I'd see a doctor about it rather than a massage. Be careful with your bod.

Maybe start out with a light message first to see if it relieves your symptoms. I thought I had to get a deep muscle one when I was having sciatic back problems, but a light regular message actually did the trick.

Massage...not message. :)

The loast massage I had (2 years ago) sent my entire body into dissaray. Muscles firing, odd feelings. Wouldn't recommend it myself

Jerry, I started with neck problems about a year ago. To the point it has become stuck to one side on the shoulder. I am now a quad, so I actually figured who cares? Well, boy was I wrong! My PT, doesn't do massage but stretching and approved by my doctor. I never went to have any more MRI's done after the initial diagnosis. So I really don't know if it is pinched nerve or the ALS. It is painful, though. And after therapy yesterday, my hands which are paralyzed and spastic, well the neck is frozen to the left and now my right arm is numb and tingly. So, when Nurse comes today, will ask. If I find out anything, I will let you know.

bad balance...i was fold i had cervical myelopathy ..which i still got of course...since found out may have been caused by the umn problem in the first place....went to a physio of my own bat for me neck and over all stiffness and he near done me in......so think careful before you let someone bash you about...i aint got als....feel a bit guilty about saying that on here, but i loves the likes of toto who still roars.....nor pls...am lucky......am a man and i roar till the missus makes me whimper...loves johnno.......

Johnny,

Don't tell the missus, but I love you from afar. Could be the accent. But I don't know if a UK'er could understand a full blooded hot headed German!

toto,s dot......u just made ms pie jealous......and me missus.......me....i just try to be modest.....its hard though...loves johnno...

Well johnny I'm a small package You know what they say About small packages We are explosive now my sister is a true black widow I don't know how many men she has dated broke up and then they die true story

Johnny it was my turn to sing karaoke tonight and i dedicated my song to you im singing janis joplins me and johnny lp changed itt to fit us and dont worry i wont embaress i used to teach voice college level opera to concert choir

toto......were is ms delicious pie....thought she would av been on giving u short shift.....maybe she is not jealous at all....or playing hard to get...i am in turmoil...ta for the dedication.. never had one before....am in a love triangle......cant sleep at nights and am losing weight........oh bother........loves johnno.

Regarding massages, I started going to a lady that has been schooled in neuro-muscular massage therapy. She's a little lady but boy, can she cause a body some pain! So far, she's only worked on my back, neck and shoulders. Always comments on how tight they are.

Kim Was that your muscles Or how stingy You are on Tipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back