Diagnosis
11/2005
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Toronto
I'm looking for PALS to join my new club.

How many times do you need to ask someone to change your shirt during the day following drooling episodes, spilled tomato sauce, dribbled toothpaste?

How many times have you had to throw out a shirt due to stains following drooling episodes, spilled tomato sauce, dribbled toothpaste?

How often is your breathing made more difficult simply by the weight of your clothes?

How many times have you had an underwear wedgie with no one around to unwedge you?

Does it take an hour for someone to help you off with your clothes just to pee?

How would you feel about:
- Never needing to change or throw out your shirt again
- Breathing easier
- Unwedging your wedgies forever!
- peeing the way mother nature intended!

Well this is all possible in the PALS NATURIST SOCIETY!

A place where PALS can finally let it all hang out!

Clothes are for suckers!

Re: Palsns

HA! Richard, my husband wanted me to order him some kilts! Otherwise, he was perfectly happy walking around in his "man-suit," as he called it... (He didn't like the fact that his "man-suit" was shrinking, though :-(

We were just joking about this same thing today. It would definitely make life a lot easier and more comfortable for my husband. The kids on the other hand may think we have lost our minds. :)

I think I'm like most guys-I look in the mirror and see myself 20 yrs ago. But, I can't keep up that delusion looking at my nekked self now. So I can't join yet - for now I'd rather be deluded than denuded! :)

You are too funny! Great idea, count me in ;)

Now that would be a sight wouldn't it! haha. Clothes are over rated anyway. I am not quite there yet...my puppy cleans me up pretty well if I spill. All I have to do is say her name and then, "vaccuum!" and she comes right up to clean up the mess I have made :)

Richard,
This is not a new idea. My first and only ALS patient in my career as a nurse met me for the first time while he was standing stark naked at his kitchen counter! He lived alone and had been unable to dress himself that morning. For propriety's sake to accommodate the rest of the Home Care staff that would be visiting he did agree to shorts with an elastic waist and a Texas catheter.
If I weren't so cold natured I would certainly join you!

One of my frustrations with this demon is how long it takes me to dress and undress. And let's not even mention compression hose! Au naturel sounds wonderful to me! But we have so many windows and young children in the neighborhood! But if this gets much tougher, off with the clothes!

I'm afraid of what my heating bills will be!

I have discovered this past year that clothes are a big hindrance unless I leave my apartment. Most days I just wear a big comfy nighty. When I go shopping or appts I go braless and thank whoever invented stretchy jeans that pull up and no zips. can no longer handlle buttons tops go over the head. I go for comfort these days.

Re: p a l s n s

Not a PALS, but had to chime in. I say GO FOR IT! If my PALS is in bed, he's naked. And I love it ;)
Every now and then I have a no-pants tuesday with him... or saturday... whatever... LOL
All in good fun.

Can we start a commune? I gave I up clothes a while ago, then my angels showed up and they insist I get dressed!

We could get t shirts made with the club name but I guess that's counterproductive. Tattoo's?

Maybe we should come up with a clothing line that's easy on, easy off!

If truth be told I wasn't all that keen on them before MND.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back