Diagnosis
10/2011
Country
US
State
VA
City
Richmond
All of us PALS know about the debilitating fatigue with this disease. When I was a clinic, Dr. thought this drug would be worth a try. It is normally used for Myesthinia Gravis, but had a low side effect profile and is cheap (generic).

Well, IT WORKED, at least for me. Two days after I started the drug, dear old friend came to town, and we did our large art museum. That was 5 exhibits and lots of walking. A little fatigue, but not much.

Ask your MD, as every situation is different. And maybe this is the placebo effect, but I don't care.

Hope this helps some of you
H:-o

My husband's neuro prescribed this med for him soon after diagnosis (in conjunction with Rilutek). It really helps. I think every PALS should consider giving it a try.

After all, if PALS are clamoring to pressure the pharmaceutical companies to give them access to newer drugs with unknown benefits, what is the harm in trying a safe drug that has possibilities?

Thanks, hjlindley, for the heads up!

VL

My previously reply disappeared. So I will try again.

My husband was prescribed Mestinon not long after diagnosis. He takes it along with Rilutek. It really helps. Every PAL should at least consider trying it. As I previously stated, if people are willing to pressure the drug companies to have access to drugs with unknown benefits, then why not try an existing, safe drug with possibilities.

VL

Your post went to moderation. Sometimes it takes a while to be checked and approved.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back