Diagnosis
09/2010
Country
US
State
LA
City
Broussard
Hi, I am Gina, Kevin's wife. On January 30 I took Kev to the hospital because he had been having dizzy spells during the day. By the time the ambulance got him to the ER, he was in respiratory failure. He agreed to be intubated and sedated to have a chest CT scan. It was negative. the next morning, the dr. talked to him about getting a trach and vent. He agreed and so he had the surgery, as well as a peg and suprapubic catheter.

we are now at a Rehab hospital and learning to live with a vent. Hopefully, he will be getting out by the end of the month.

Prayers and good thoughts will be appreciated.

thanks,
gina

So sorry Gina, wow you must be exhausted.. Yall are so in my prayers!

prayers and strength for you both

Give him a hug from me and tell him he's in our prayers. Keep the faith.

Sounds like it was a 1stop shop for all the things he needs. Wow, hope recovery goes good, and you are home soon.

Gina I will pray for Kevin. Gee he has been through the mill what with vent, suprapubic catheter and peg! Giant hugs to both of you. Hang in there.
Laurel

Oh Gina so sorry to hear of all the troubles, but sounds as if he is in good hands doing what needs doing. I will keep you both in my Prayers, sending {{{BIG HUGS}}}}

Hope that all is going well with the training. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you and Kevin.

prayers and hugs to you both. i hope his healing goes fast and easy, mary pat

gina, my prayers for you and kevin. what a bunch of critical decisions in a very short time. wishing you a speedy and uneventful recovery and learning period.
ed

WOW! What an ordeal! Thinking of you guys!

~ Sarah

Praying hard for you Gina and Kevin, that he has pulled through with flying colors!

Very sorry...keeping you and Kevin in my prayers.

Gina, so sorry to hear about Kevin's troubles... glad he got to the hospital in time, and that he's doing better. Sending you both a hug, and hope you get some rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back