Diagnosis
11/2009
Country
US
State
Mississippi
City
Mantee
Now that I can eat anything I want, the more calories the better the girl in the drive thru can't understand me. What so hard about double cheese burger and chilli cheese tots,after three tries I drove off. What can you do but laugh I cried enough the last three years,one thing after other.

Sorry for your troubles Babe! Maybe write it out and just hand it to them?

I say have someone record it for you and play it back when you want to order!

So sorry about your troubles D Mac, both the above suggestions should work.

My problem here is I can not understand a word the order takers are saying...they speak phillipino, japanesse or who knows what....LOL..I quit going to them.

D MAC, I feel your pain.
I was at Rotten Ronnie`s the other day, ordered two double quarter pounders with cheese plain. All the crap was still on them.
Didn`t want to embarassing myself to complain and explain, so I didn`t bother.

I don`t know what chili cheese tots are, but I`ll take a double order!

Hang in there, try the spell and speak programs on your phone.
I have a free app on my android system, a little barbaric, but if it gets you the 3000 calories, might be worth it.

Cheers,
Casey

Casey, what app are you using on your android? And does a n y o n e know of a good tts app for android phones, even one that costs few bucks. Thanks so much.

I have 2 comments
1/ write common stuff like that on cards
2/ when I visited with Helen last year, no one could ever get my order correct because they could not understand me. I speak English for goodness sake. The people would look at me as if I came from another planet! :) :)

Kiwi,
I don`t really use the app as my speech isn`t too bad unless I`ve been drinking, or I`m tired, or I`m worked up about something.
Actually, that`s about half my day right there!

I have a android tablet, so I don`t know if the apps are the same for the phones.

I downloaded a free one called text to speech.
You type in a sentence and it speaks the words.
There are two slide bars to adjust the pitch and speed.
There is a save to file option, not sure if it will save phrases on not.

I`m in Canada, so we speak english as a second language. There is a 42 way tie for 1st!

So far I`ve only used it to say bad words and funny sentences.

Casey

Thanks Casey, I need a portable TTS and also a new phone and was hoping to kill two birds with one stone, iphones have good apps but cost the earth here, was hoping I could hold out until someone wrote one for android but it's looking unlikely. Thanks again.

Stay in line in the drive through until you get to the window, hand them a paper with what you want and tell them you will wait. Let all the cars stack up behind you, as they get your order together so they are backed up, and then hand her or him another note that says "Thank you, See you tomorrow!"

That should get their attention LOL.

D Mac,
Pick me up! You drive, I'll order.

Thanks for the ideas ,with my uncooperative fingers my handwriting is no better than my speech.Went to the doc. today with yeast infection on the tongue and throat,tongue swollen. I've had this problem one and off over a year,I'm hoping my speech will improve after this gets knock out. Any other PALS have this problem with yeast........THANKS

yea i also get the yeast thing, i use a magic mouthwash mix i had my cousin come up with , hes a pharmist and gave it to my neuro to order and approve. pm me if u want the mix to show ur dr

Yogurt, 8-12oz a day. ( with active cultures)
Acidophilus tablets

This may not help when you're out and about, but I believe that all windows computers have a text to speech program already installed. I played around with it a little on my netbook. And Android has a few apps on amazon that are probably for phones as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back