Diagnosis
10/2011
Country
CA
State
Alberta
City
Lethbridge
Hi, I'm a 46 year old male recently diagnosed with ALS(Oct. 26, 2011). Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum and say hi.

Hi Doug!

Welcome. As always, I am sorry to find anyone new here. However, there are so many incredible people here just waiting to help you deal with this and learn to live the best life you can with ALS. I'm sure you have scouted out the site and realize the information you can find here will literally be life altering.

Again, welcome.

Welcome and sorry about your diagnosis. This site has been a lifesaver for me.

Hi Doug, Welcome to the family, the family no one wanted to be in. Nun the less we are family. Withouty these folks I would have given up long ago. So sorry you needed to find but glad you did.

Welcome Doug. Sorry to see another Canadian. Have you registered with the ALS Society?

AL.

Hi Doug! Welcome to the board. I'm sorry that you need to be here. There are a lot of great people here.

Hi Doug,
Not a place we all want to be but we make the best of what is... you will find a lot of awesome peeps here... Welcome aboard!
Aloha, yo

Hi Doug, ditto to what everyone else said... keep checking this site out, it's definitely a lifeline... welcome to our little club.

So Sorry you are here. You have come to the right place. Alot of people on this site are smarter then Doctors. They are amazing, I also have alot of PALS that are my HERO"S. Made alot of good, and I mean really good friends, that have a way of making you feel better about thing. WELCOME

Welcome aboard, Doug!

Hi Doug~welcome aboard this super awesome forum! So sorry you have to be here but you will def find a lot of open arms! I may not post alot here but I do read thru most of the posts & the knowledge and caring that come from my friends here (I may call you my friends?) is just unbelievable! I have learned a lot. So don't be shy :)

>>>>HUGS<<<<

Hi Doug,
Welcome to the forum.
As the others have said, lots of very smart and caring people here.

Have you applied for CPP Disability yet? I just completed everything and can help you if you need it.

I know how overwhelming it all is, but with the help of this forum, it makes things a little easier.

Cheers,
Casey

Welcome! This going to be the one place in the world where everyone understands, listens and is walking in your shoes. EAch one is different in our progression, but we are all fighting the same devil. WE will all do everything we can to help and support you.

Do you need to be off work to appy for ccp disability..my husband is still working(he really should be off)I wasnt sure how to go about it.Thanks

Hi Doug,

Welcome Sorry you have to be here. You will find a lot of good friends and a lot of help.

Beckysuenc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back