Diagnosis
08/2010
Country
US
State
Washington
City
Seattle
Hello pals and cals...were you turned down for one of drug trial because you couldn't pass the breathing test, or were diagnosed for too long? Try this, what have you got to loose?

The ALS- Treat Us Now! Steering committee) is initiating a Pilot 1 initiative to allow early access to Dexpramipexole and/or Cytokinetics CK-2017357.

We invite 10-20 PALS who want Early access to these two drugs to join in this Pilot-1 initiative.

Our goal will be to have early access granted by March 31 2012.

If you are interested in participating and helping, please send us an email with your response to these 4 questions, ...or post your response on this thread.

1-You are willing to spend 1 hour per week, most if not all the time will be on your computer, IPad etc.

2- You are willing to send us your email address and are willing to join a Google group set up to facilitate our communication with other Pilot-1 volunteers.

3- You understand that Early Access probably means you will have to buy the treatment from the Drug company. There is no free lunch. You are NOT committing to purchase, only saying you understand there will most likely be a cost to PALS. (we do not know the costs yet)

4- You have a working relationship with a Neurologist.

Please post your response and comments/questions on this thread or send your response, or questions to: [email protected]

After 1 week from today we will assume all interested have replied....We will cap at 20 for each treatment,....we intend to have a Pilot 2 if necessary.

I signed the petiton but couldn't get an email through to that address. I would very much like to be involved. I have lobbied sucessfully in the past and am still mobile. I also live 90 minutes south of Washington DC. Let me know what I can do to help.

I signed the petition Sharon.

THANKS JONI! love you!

hjlindley, I just clicked on our email address and it came up...maybe you dont have "Live Messenger". I will PM you, ok?

I signed it awhile back but will send an e-mail too. Thanks Sharon!

I would like to sign this petition but it requires my address and email and the site is not secure. Is there another way to sign? I'd rather not put my identity up for grabs on the 'net.

I would like to be involved in this initiative. I can answer "yes" to all four questions posted. I have signed the petition and emailed this request to the email address posted.

email to the google.com addy bounced back.

Sent my e-mail and message to both. I want to help I signed the petition and sent to all my contacts.

I signed the petition as well as all of my family a couple of weeks ago. I have sent and email saying yes to all the questions.

Wanda

I posted on the google.com treat us now. Do I need to go to gmail.com ?

I am not sure...but do the other one too....just in case....I will find out.

I want to participate but couldn't access that address.

Better get your email troubles sorted out ED or people won't bother with your project. Seems like every day I have to approve something new for you guys.

AL.

Sorry Al ! Is there any way we could correct the email on the original post? Otherwise we keep having to add the right email so folks can see it.
I appreciate all you are doing AL, and sorry if we are a bother!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back