Diagnosis
12/2010
Country
US
State
GA
City
Atlanta
But, although I don't have any, I like the tattoo shows.

The previously Miami and now NYC show is more drama than art mostly, but the quality of the ink is really nice.

The apprentice put a first tattoo on a lady and as the story unfolded, it turned out that it duplicated a "tag" done by her husband who was a graffitti artist. These paintings quickly fade away as others paint over them, but since her husband had died, she wanted an enduring tribute.

He had died from ALS!

I choked up and started to cry; sobbing on our couch. I am not usually free with my emotions and choked it back, but I was moved.

If I can find a source address, I plan to write to Ami or the producers to thank them.

- Jerry

My ex and I are Jewish and can't get tatoos, and we were enamored with Miami Ink for awhile too. And since we lived in Miami, we decided to go find the place on South Beach. It took awhile, but it turns out it's this little hole in the wall place crammed in a strip of local yokel restaurants, a drugstore, clothing shops, and, yep you should have guessed it by now, a HUGE tatoo parlor LOL! I have no idea how they managed to snag a show when they can fit all of 4 people in their shop while just a few doors down you have dozens of people all getting tatoos at once! Anyways, just thought you might like the behind the scenes on Miami Ink. And my brother (who is not Jewish) keeps telling me he is going to get an ALS tatoo for me... :\ Not really sure I am into that, but I guess it's the thought that counts?!

I really like those tattoo shows too, Jerry.
I have 10 tattoos myself...

Liz I was waiting for you to check in on the tatoos <g>. I like watching them too, but I am too chicken to get one.
Laurel

you should do it, Laurel! But I warn you, they are very addicting! Prolly why i have ten... LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back