Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CT
City
lyme
Has anyone gone to this clinic? What are your experiences (good/bad)? I'm considering going there for a 2nd opinion on my ALS diagnosed.

Columbia Univ. Clinic is highly recommended, there is also a clinic at Beth Israel in Manhattan as well. My husband is not offically diagnosed yet with ALS, but, if it happens, we will probably go to Columbia. From what I understand the clinic has everything, kind of like one stop shopping....... The only problem might be the parking, I know for a fact the parking is a nightmare. Good luck, I wish you the best!

I went to Columbia for a 2nd opinion right after I was diagnosed in 2008. I didn't go to the ALS clinic tho. I saw a Dr. Rowland at Columbia-Presbyterian who was a former director of the E&L Gehrig clinic at Columbia. He was wonderful, but did not disagree with DX.

My husband and I went to the clinic at Columbia. They are very knowledgeable, but we found them lacking in "bedisde manner." We saw Dr. Mitsumoto and the rest of the team. It took about 4 hours. Parking in that area is terrible. There is a lot two blocks from the clinic, but be prepared to pay. Good liuck!

We felt the same way about Mitsumoto and his team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back